1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

the 'Anyone going to Boxhill today?' thread

Discussion in 'Rideouts & Events' started by Chris, Jun 30, 2013.

1. Ok, looks like we'll save the Fort run until another day then with nobody up for it today.

2. Looks frosty out up here in Hartfield. Your fort run looks like a good 'un though so I'll keep and eye end make sure to dodge my weekend chores when it happens.

Got our architect coming round at 1000 so not out at all this morning. [emoji31]

3. Up for a cautious ride somewhere later on. Currently 2° near Dorking

• Like Like x 1
  4. Made it as far as Lewes where I've bought a few interesting old motorcycle books at the town hall sale. Sipping a coffee at The Needlemakers Café before the return leg. Not too bad out there but rode through a few large slush puddles [emoji4]

• Like Like x 1
  5. anyone heading out to Box? just on my way to Lidl (nothing to do with Michael Crawford)

6. So tomorrow anyone out? 1000 at Box if weather is ok? Forecast says dry and warmer then today but snow overnight so would need conditions update tomorrow morning

7. :upyeah:Ok Lucas, I will update weather conditions in the morning when I get up early.
    As long as there is now ice or snow then a ride is on.

8. Thx same plan here

9. And here - deffo frost tonight near Dorking

10. Brimmed tank ready for tomorrow, that's the lowest I've ever run it. image.jpeg its around 3 degrees at the moment, the good news is it's now raining
    image.jpeg

11. Snow here.

12. Snow here too

13. If the sun turns up as promised then might be okay by midday-ish

14. Expletive, I see the forecast has changed as well since yesterday - now no mention of sunshine. ah well..

15. Still up for a run out if anyone else is? There must be a lot of salt down so quite understandable for all you people with new machines

16. Yes I am trying to get out of my road to the main road.
    I have just done a reccy and the main roads to Box Hill are good, my road on the other hand is still iced up as no one has used it yet, so I am trying to get to the main road!!!!

17. Could leave it a couple of hours? Too much cloudbase for sunshine to pierce through but it's definitely warming up

#7119 Chris, Jan 17, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2016
  18. Yes will get out when I can, I hope my neighbours get up and go out so it clears some of the road!!!

Do Not Sell My Personal Information