Featured The Deal Is Done!!

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by Topolino, Jun 4, 2024.

1. Finished prepping the bike for sale, after almost a week of work, removing most of the aftermarket parts I wanted to keep. It's now ready to be collected by the dealer, who is coming over to take it away at the weekend and also delivering the new bike. I'll reveal what that is in due course.

20240604_173235 1.jpg 20240604_173203.jpg 20240604_173215.jpg

• Like Like x 13
  2. Very nice….i do like the black intakes…seen them on a 1199 as well and really like it.

had I been I try market for a V4S I would have snapped your hand off but wanted the Panigale R..

I hope the next bike is everything you want and passes the garage test…

3. Would have been ideal for a collector. Surprised it wasn’t snapped up. It would look marvellous in a fancy barn conversion sat on Yorkshire flagstone :):upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  4. Yes FC, perhaps. No point grumbling over spilt milk though. The bike only has 285 miles on it in actual fact. Think I may have quoted more in my other thread, in error. Either way I have meticulously prepared it for sale along with a host of documentation, receipts and boxes full of carefully labelled removed OEM parts that will accompany the bike. I am guessing it will hit the local dealer's showroom floor in the next 7-10 days.

I am more than happy with what is replacing it however, and it will come as no surprise that I have big plans for it! At least this time the timeframe will be WAAAAY shorter to complete the job. Plan is to PPF the bike and fit the radiator guards ready for WDW2024, then strip the bike down over the Winter and throw the kitchen sink at it metaphorically speaking. It's like a big Meccano kit in reality and having stripped down so many of these bikes in the past, it doesn't faze me in the least. It's due to arrive on Saturday, so I will reveal all as and when.

• Like Like x 8
  5. Nice job! Must feel good to have that done. Looking forward to seeing what the new bike is.

6. I'll post up a pic when it arrives. Had a sneak peek at it today in the dealer's showroom, just before it went out for it's PDI road test. Looks amazing in the flesh.

• Like Like x 1
  7. hope Tony gave you a good deal :cool: might have to drop in there tomorrow so will keep an eye out :upyeah:

8. As good as could be expected Fraser, in terms of a trade in. I'm sure someone will snap it up soon. As I said should be in their showroom by tomorrow afternoon.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Change of plan. Dealer is delivering the bike to me today. Cracking start to the weekend!

• Like Like x 4
    • Love You Love You x 1
  10. It's arrived.

teaser view.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  11. Not to highjack this thread or the excitement I'm sure the poster is feeling right now but any ideas where I would find those black intakes for my 1199s

12. They are part of the paint scheme Simon, not a separate part.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Mine has arrived earlier than expected too…

14. Anniversario ??

15. Come on, reveal all, i cant bear the suspense

16. It is a trike isn’t it:upyeah:

• Funny Funny x 2
  17. Not really that hard to guess, given the total production number is a bit of a giveaway but here it is. I wasn't in the market for one of these having toyed with the idea of a V4R, then talked myself out of it and dabbled with the idea of a Diavel V4 (but quickly put that to bed), so with a 24 V4S in my sights, all my plans were gearing towards that as a replacement bike.

Then a last minute turn of events meant that this suddenly became available and I couldn't pass it up. All I know is the intended purchaser had a change of heart, so I grabbed the opportunity while I could, as I figured with only 44 brought into the UK, it probably wouldn't stick around for long. As may have been mooted before, in the flesh it's quite something.:astonished: PPF film, tail tidy and some radiator guards are all that I will do to it for now then a trip to WDW2024 next month. Once Winter arrives, that's when the real mods begin. Lord help me. :D

20240607_221440.jpg 20240607_221500.jpg 20240607_221528.jpg 20240607_221604.jpg

• Like Like x 32
    • Love You Love You x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  18. Very nice, I promised Mrs Cringe my V4S would be my last hurrah with fast bikes… but I tell you what….

Hmmm…. :thinkingface:

:laughing:

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. Beautiful! It’s pretty loaded right there as it stands! I won’t ask how much…

Definitely needs finishing off with a carbon monocoque. Tidies up all that plasticky mess under the seat. And if I’m not mistaken, shaves a hefty 5kg’s off. As you’re probably aware, Fullsix do them. Very nice indeed :):upyeah:

And a set of wheelbarrow zorsts… obvs… :D

Reet, that’s £9k (of yours) spent. I’m off… :laughing:

#19 Fairy Cringe, Jun 8, 2024
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2024
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. What an absolutely superb, not to say beautiful new arrival. Congratulations.

• Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information