The most beautiful motorcycle engine ever?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by bigredduke, Apr 27, 2013.

1. My bruv-in-law says the BSA Gold Star DB34 engine is the most beautiful ever created. My vote would go to the Vincent V twin.
    Vincent HRD | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

If you could have a motorcycle engine as a piece of art in your home, from a purely aesthetic point of view, what would be your choice?

2. Cbx 1000

3. How about this one?
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 5
  4. Always loved Vincents but I must say aesthetically they're a bit of a portly lump. Now consider the Ducati 750 round case bevel - the most elegant, lithe, sexiest engine ever.

• Like Like x 1
  5. ^^amen to that^^

6. You have got to be kidding. Looks like a block of flats with the windows blown out.

7. [​IMG]

• Like Like x 6
  8. Aw, c'mon Pete, they were a lovely bit of engineering especially when the engine was sitting on your bench. I would have said my 900 bevel, but the covers are a bit square.....

9. Agree on 750S bevel motor. Great looking thing. I always loved the Laverda 500 twins too. Alpina and Montjuich. Chunky compact things with close fins. laverda__500_montjuic_1978_1_lgw.jpg

laverda__500_montjuic_1978_1_lgw.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  10. 750 round case Bevel is stunning .

11. Here is mine. Bought in 1981, very dodgy, buy loved it. Been restored, not collected yet as you can see... it is beautiful, a tribute to Taglioni. 2012restore%20(21).jpg

2012restore%20(21).jpg

• Like Like x 11
  12. That would be a perfect match for me then as I am neither elegant, lithe or sexy. However, portly lump..............

13. No doubt about this one, another vote for the 750 round case Bevel.

14. original Kawasaki Z1 engine...

[​IMG]

In squared off form in the air cooled GPz range it was very pretty, too. (my own old bike, so i may be biased)
    IMAG0115.jpg

IMAG0115.jpg

#15 philoldsmobile, Apr 28, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2013
  15. Triumph 650

triumph 650.jpg

Look, no oil leaks......

triumph 650.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  16. Yes it has! its laying on its side on a white marble slab.......its leaked right out of the photo...

17. AJS 7R is a work of art - but the G50 was even better!

18. Brough-Superior-1000-engine.jpg View attachment 14543 gotta say, my vote would go to the brough superior engine : ) , thats a work of art

Brough-Superior-1000-engine.jpg

#19 kev cornwall, Apr 28, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2013
  19. Excelsior JAP

Ah, smell them fumes......

excelsior-jap-speedway-(w).jpg

excelsior-jap-speedway-(w).jpg

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information