The Naked Multistrada Project

Discussion in 'Builds & Projects' started by kev moose, Feb 3, 2015.

1. Thought I'd have a go at turning a DS into a naked retro, the silencer has gone and the rear light is in place.
    Relocating the battery and all the electrics from the left side panel is the next job.

IMG_0502.JPG

IMG_0518.JPG

• Like Like x 2
  2. The electrics are now in the airbox, just need to fit the battery where the silencer used to be and away we go.

IMG_0530.JPG

IMG_0531.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  3. I am genuinely in awe of people like you who can turn their hand to such creativity; but a part of me still wonders... why not sell it and buy a monster?

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Buying a monster would be to easy :) This gives me something to do over winter.

• Like Like x 4
  5. Will the electrics be affected by the fuel mist in the airbox? Also, how much volume have you lost? But anything to make an old multi better looking is a bonus!

6. It remains to be seen what effect any fuel mist has but with the ramair filter socks I'm hoping it will not be a problem, the airbox has been reduced to more of an electrical containment rather than air chamber.
    Its all made up as I go along and no science involved :)

• Like Like x 1
  7. Going to be a real ball ache to check the fuses.

• Like Like x 1
  8. I'd be having a rethink. The stock air box was designed to be that volume for a reason. Reducing volume and impeding flow is certain to have an effect and an undesirable one.

9. Battery box to be fitted laying on its side

IMG_0537.JPG

IMG_0538.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  10. liking this one :upyeah:

11. A little food for thought...

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  12. Very interesting, as the battery is going to be where the back of the petrol tank used to live any hints on the tank you are going to use. Perhaps you can get the fuel gauge to work better than Ducati. Good luck really intrigued by this. cag

13. This is Kaemna's take on the naked Multi - somewhere I have a CD they sent me showing the steps they took. PM me if you'd like a copy - it may help with the packaging of the electric stringing, cable tubes and blinker fluid reservoir

Kamna Strada.JPG

Kamna Strada2.JPG

Kamna Strada3.JPG

Kamna Strada4.JPG

14. Looks almost presentable:)

15. I can't match the Kaemna for finish yet, but so for I've only spent £60 to get to this stage.
    The battery box and extended leads are now in place.
    Next is cut and re-fix the front mudguard (without cable ties I hope) and move the oil cooler to below the front cylinder.
    PS all the bits I've removed will be on e-bay PM me if you need anything.

IMG_0547.JPG

IMG_0548.JPG

IMG_0549.JPG

IMG_0557.JPG

IMG_0558.JPG

• Like Like x 5
  16. Like, but id say to bring it up to date.....speed triple bug eye headlights...

17. I've moved the oil cooler, just a bit of tidying to do here and there and that will be it for this one.

IMG_0572.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  18. I like multistradas one of the most under rated dukes, all people see is an 'ugly' bike, mine makes me giggle every ride, where else can you get a full ohlins equipped, torquey twin that can handle, make you grin tour the continent with all your gear and cost you less than half the price of a new scrambler?

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Its a hoon of a bike, like a big SM, always fancied face-racering one, the engine is a peach and would make great track bike

20. That's right, get all bleary-eyed now it's been superceded...

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information