the sticker monster

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by idrinkbeer, Mar 30, 2014.

1. what is it about ducatis that seem to attract the sticker monster?
    I found this on e bay and apologise if its yours or if you find it a positive .
    [​IMG]

2. and last but not least ladies and gentlemen may I present the bike the sticker monster rides.......

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  3. Personally, the GT looks okay to me. All the decals appear to be of a period design. Now if was emblazoned with modern Alpinestars / R&G stickers etc, then it would really be an outrage :punch:

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Each to their own I suppose. Ive always hated stickers on cars, bikes anything really… also never loved a race rep other than a rizla suzuki…. (Dont know why either?)

5. the only sticker I've got is hiding a dent on the tank :smile:

6. well i think my bike deserves this sticker

AIRFIX LOGO-resized_1.jpg

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. Well it seems like i need to catch up ... the only sticker ive got is a tank pad, but i think my son has some spongebob squarepants stickers round here somewhere.

8. I just save the stickers for my 30 year old tool box

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  9. that's fine carlos,my tool kit is similar .

10. The crayon monster is worse ;)

• Like Like x 1
  11. That was the one put up as the "foggy rep"
    I would need my black visor on so I wasn't seen lol

12. Lol I guess you either love or hate decals.I love em especially on ducatis as I find the standard paint schemes dull and bland.Even the 916 looks bland to me in standard paint.Much prefer the look of 916sps foggy rep,Fila 999R,Xerox 999R,1198s corse,1198R corse.

Oh almost forgot the bayliss/bostrom 998s and old red bull paint on 916.The 999 looks better with any decal kit and paint job imho.

When I purchased my bland looking 916sps I soon spruced it up by swapping the fairings for some better ones with foggy rep/pista decal kit lacquered over.I also have a full carbon body kit but it looked better with some decals on the front fairing and seat unit to break it all up.

RIMG0326.JPG

#16 matt#corse, Apr 11, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2014
    • Like Like x 1
  13. that looks good.....the thread should only be about inappropriate stickers :upyeah: as per the sticker monsters bike some way above lol

• Like Like x 1
  14. Yeah I tend to agree I like the decals to be proper kit in the right places but I guess some go absolutely mad but hey ho as long as there happy.

I know quite a few people that cant stand decals on a bike and think ducati especially don't need anything to jazz them up a bit.

I actually quite like the first bike in your link but then im a wrong un lol.

15. I think ducati especially suit the race decal kits........but you need to go sit in front of a mirror and have a serious talk with yourself re the first bike ....

16. Just one small louigi moto sticker on the hyper just under 2" long and thats it. Rsv has one outline sticker of the TT course on it....not really a fan of stickers....just the bare minimum, if that for me...

Do Not Sell My Personal Information