V2 The V2 Is So Hot!

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by Veetoo, Jun 17, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Love my V2 but it’s SO hot.Was actually wondering if wearing fire retardant race long johns might help? Anyone tried any or found any trousers which help with the heat not sure if jeans, textiles or leather is better.

2. Yep I found that too... back to back with the super sport worlds apart..

3. It’s a while since I rode a v4 but the v2 is right up there with it heat wise, I had one out for a day and a half last week.
    Leather worked best for me on v4 while I had it.

4. I rode a 1299 and boiled my bollocks

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  5. Yeah my V2 gets ridiculously hot. I was out with my mate the other day on his 899 and in traffic his was at 83 degrees and mine as over 95 degrees and burning me.. I think it might get nearly as hot as my 848 and that really says something

6. my 999 is bad enough when the fans kick in but the 1299 is a whole new level of heat

7. My V2 gets warm, but I wouldn’t say it boils my bollox. But there again I don’t tend to ride around town or anywhere where you get regular stops and starts.

8. I have 3 layers of automotive gold leaf under my seat on the 899. Helps a little bit, but not a complete solution to “hotty botty”

9. 3-4 layers of Aluminium tape under the seat combined with the Ducati comfort seat completely eliminated the seat heat issue on my 1199s. I also use distilled water and water wetter which has bought all round temps down by about 5c.

10. Does that really work? Might mention that at the service soon

11. Also have the thicker comfort seat.

12. Yeah, definitely.

13. Get a couple of rolls of aluminium cooking foil. before you put your leathers/jeans/shorts on wrap the area from you knees upards to your crotch in a few layers.
    Works a treat.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • WTF WTF x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  14. 1299 throws out a lot of heat. Mine recently went as high as 106c, and that proper boiled my nuts!

• Useful Useful x 1
  15. my issue is that I’ve not found many who have done it and actually confirmed it worked

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. 3CE9C552-359C-49AF-8397-36596CED864F.png

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  17. I wonder , if you intend on keeping it, if a combination of ceramic coating and waterless coolant would be a possible solution

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information