This Year’s Insurance Renewal

Discussion in 'Insurance - Sponsored by Ducati Insurance' started by El Toro, Mar 14, 2023.

1. Just received my renewal notice for insurance on both the Bayliss and the Scrambler………..it’s gone up 19% since this time last year……….is that the kind of increase’s people are seeing?

2. Bemot quoted me 10% down on my Multi V4S and ST4S. Maybe due to Multi being better known and not new

• Like Like x 2
  3. Bemoto for me and reduced by 5%

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Mine was 10% less for 959 - but almost same as last year for the V2

Van insurance came through, thats up 15%

So overall - spent the same in Jan/Feb last year I guess but mixed

5. mine was about the same for the v2 however my car had gone up from last year as apparently claims are now more expensive due to the costs for paint and electricity

6. Anything to do with your new postcode?

Toecutter.jpg

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Shop around folks.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Not especially, I did check

9. My ol' mate toe cutter!

10. After a bit of searching on the internet and a couple of phone calls I’ve now got both bikes insured for £504 which is £51 less than last year’s premium. Result!

• Like Like x 1
  11. Mine had gone up a few quid, but not by much and still cheapest with included breakdown cover (something I’ve started since riding a bike with inner tubes ;))

12. Just to pick up on this, was watching a FortNine video on YouTube and this particular feature was sponsored by Voom insurance, they offer “per mile” insurance, ideal for seasonal riders or those with multiple bikes, all you do is send them a picture of your odometer reading each month and they bill you for the miles ridden.

So it got me searching to see if anything similar exists over here and MCE started one this year, subscribe and ride policy. Seems you pay a £20-£25 registration fee and a £5 month subscription which covers the bike when sat at home (guess this is charged accordingly if you have a garage etc?) then pay monthly per mile you ride.

Only down side I see is with the MCE one your initial payment covers a form of tracker you fit to your bike which links to an app and counts the miles but what bothers me is what else it might be collecting and if any of the information could be incriminating?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Can you give one good reason you would trust MCE with anything (and I do mean anything)?

• Agree Agree x 3
  14. All my insurances (except my classic bike) have come down at least 10% this time. A very pleasant surprise. I ran the usual comparisons but no-one else got close on price. Different companies too.

15. My car insurance is less this year. Interesting to see what my bikes will be.

16. I got a quote from MCE for that 'per mile' insurance, 50% more than what I have with BikeSure !!

17. Funnily enough mine with the RAC has reduced by £40 too.

I could get it cheaper again by another £30 with another company but the RAC also includes breakdown cover too so it’s not worth changing.

This time round at least.

• Like Like x 1
  18. My car insurance has just gone up from £316 - £361
    Thought it might have come down as three points have just come off
    See what the bike is in the next couple of weeks

19. About 14%. So not down to inflation

• Like Like x 1
  20. BMW rat-bike £219 last year, £214 this season.

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information