throttle and noise

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by simon 848evo, Aug 7, 2013.

1. Hi, i haven't got my ducati yet but already thinking of things to do to it lol.
    I took an 848 out for a road test and the first thing that i noticed is that the throttle has alot of travel between tick over (closed) and wide open (full throttle) and i hate that, my last bike was the same (gsxr1000) and i found a site that sold a little plastic clip (hairy Rs) that clipped round the throttle tube and basically halfed the rotation between closed and open. Is there anything like that for the 848, or a replacement throttle tube that'll give it quicker action, or will it be a case of buying a whole quick action throttle kit?

My second question is, if i change the pipes (end cans) will i HAVE to have it power commandered or will it run alright on the stock ecu? i'm not bothered about the 1 or 2 hp that the pc will gain me (only a dyno will notice the difference in power gains) but obviously don't want it running dangerously rich or lean if it's not power commandered (found a very sexy pair of zard slip on pipes :smile:)

2. Interesting, i'll look into that, cheers :)

3. I've been looking into it and discovered a couple of things.
    The 848 has a throttle tube diameter of 34mm (I measured mine)
    The 2004 R1 tube (its a popular mod) has a diameter of 36mm
    The ducati hypermotard throttle tube is 37mm.
    I'm going to order the hyper throttle tube and see if it's a straight fit if not i'll try the R1 tube as I've heard the R1 tube is a straight swap.
    Also the Suzuki TL1000 s and r throttle tube is 34mm and look the same as the 848 tube. There is a company called "hairy rs" that make a little clip that goes around the cable pulley part of the tube and makes it a 1/5 turn throttle, that same little clip might also fit the 848 tube but without buying one i'm not sure.

4. Accossato quick action throttle is what you need these are race proven and very high quality on go straight on so no messing about also run a BMC air filter when changing the exhaust and go for akropovic end cans as they give the best power as termis fall apart under load and if you buy a power commander the are some good down loads on dynojet uks site to smooth things out hope this helps you

Do Not Sell My Personal Information