Throttle Spacer Kit

Discussion in 'Streetfighter' started by Deano69, Sep 9, 2023.

1. Was looking at getting the throttle spacer kit for the v2 SF for a quicker throttle response anyone had any experience of using one? pros and cons??

2. I got one on my panigale feels much better, con, the price.

3. Don’t buy the cheap copies. I did and my throttle position sensor didn’t like it. Affected my autoblipper. Got the proper Ducati spacers and no problem. Took all the slack from the throttle and autoblipper worked a treat again.

• Like Like x 2
    • Like Like x 2
  4. As I understand it spacers remove ‘slack’ from the throttle giving it a smoother operation, not necessarily a quicker response.

• Like Like x 1
    • Love You Love You x 1
  5. Hit a pothole or a big bump on the street with normal throttle no big deal. With the spacer you might just get yourself in trouble adding throttle when not wanted.

• Disagree Disagree x 4
  6. I don't think that's right... Off is still off.

It just gets rid of the 1/8th of a turn before it - "engages" and gives any feel of throttle response. After analogue cables like the 996 it feels utterly shite as stock.. Really horrible. getting rid of some of that slack is a massive help when slow throttle control is needed, e.g. mini roundabouts, manoeuvring around etc... it's still shit. But less shit :)

• Like Like x 2
  7. I had the spacers in my SFV2. One of the best mods you can do.

• Like Like x 1
  8. I'd actually say it's the opposite from experience. Before it was one of the complaints I had voiced to a friend who suggested the spacers because that's what he has on his, and it helped a lot.

I was finding when I hit a bump at constant throttle that the slack was being taken up and then getting more on the throttle, sometimes resulting in a bit of a pogo stick effect. Now with the spacers the throttle feels more solid and when you hit a bump at constant throttle it's easier to control the amount of throttle applied. It sounds counter-intuitive and I thought the same as you before I gave them a shot.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  9. First run out with the throttle spacer fitted so much better cleaner response and little fiddly to fit but other than that a fantastic upgrade.

• Like Like x 1
  10. No idea why Ducatis come with this slack. RSV4 - no slack. S1000R - no slack.

• Like Like x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information