Tips On Tyre Changer

Discussion in 'Tyres' started by Dokus, May 21, 2023.

1. Don't know if this is the right category for my question but it's close to tyres.

Anyone got tips on a good tyre changer and static balancer? Preferably not too expensive and should be able to change both on my 1098 and 690 enduro. I change maybe 1-2 tyres a year but I'm far from a dealer and they charge way to much for the tyre.

I been looking at rabaconda and no-mar tire changer but they are pretty pricey for 1-2 tyres per year.

Anyone tried this one and does it work for the 1098? Thinking about the mounting shaft.

https://www.motea.com/en/motorcycle...NeRexrQ-UXe0yuOoMQ9G60WKumkxTOABoCl8wQAvD_BwE

Or this with the Ducati adapter, hence the question about the mounting shaft.

http://www.olmaxmotors.pl/index.php/angebote/starterpaket-full-starter-pack

2. I have a Max2H Evo tyre changing rig as well as their static balancer and the Ducati adapters for the balancer. Looks not dissimilar to the ones you've linked to. A solid product that will eventually pay for itself. Not as easy as getting someone else to do it using powered tyre changing equipment. However, it's satisfying and I can just get tyres delivered and fit them at my convenience.

I like being self sufficient :D

• Like Like x 1
  3. Have you factored in a compressor too?

4. Thanks for the tip on the Max2H, gives me confidence in that the others will work. I'll think i go with the starter kit + Ducati adapter from the second link. The price is pretty fair. 1+ on self sufficient. Coming from working on cars for several years i find motorcycle dealers very difficult to deal with.

I already have the compressor ;)

5. I omitted to mention that part. Yes, the OP will need one. Doesn't need to be anything fancy, a handheld one wont do though. I've got a mains, briefcase type one I bought from Aldi. Does the job of seating and popping the tyre onto the rim. Cost something like £30 IIRC, bought it years ago. No good for spraying or probably even air tools but for this job it's good enough.

6. We use the Rabaconda at the racing, it's a good system to be fair and hasn't let us down.

• Useful Useful x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information