Tire Pressure With Passanger?

Discussion in 'Tyres' started by cavemanno1, May 2, 2014.

1. Hi guys!

Tryed to find it in the manual or on the internet but no luck so far!
    Could you tell me what tire pressure i should have with pillion?Also how much should i change the back suspension?

Thank you!

Peter

#1 cavemanno1, May 2, 2014
    Last edited: May 2, 2014
  2. I was told increase rear by 2-3 by tyre workshop that does lots of bikes and rides them too. I put extra 1-2 in the front too.

3. Thank you!

4. re. the extra preload on the rear for carrying a pillion.......
    I fitted a Nitron shock with a remote preload adjuster to my 750 monster.
    I set it up so that the static sag at the rear with zero hydraulic preload and solo rider was the same as the static sag with max hydraulic preload and rider and pillion on board.......or as near as it could be anyway.
    The stroke of the remote adjuster is 9mm, so it follows that this is about the right amount of preload to add manually too, when carrying a passenger.
    Since the pitch of the manual adjuster thread is 1.5mm, this equates to 6 full turns of the adjuster ring.
    Having said that though, this will not be a direct comparison for all makes/models of bike as rear suspension geometry varies.
    And extra preload will only achieve a compromise setting....what's really needed is a stiffer spring, but extra preload is the only practical option and will make a significant improvement.

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information