Touch Up Paint

Discussion in 'Supersport (1974-2007)' started by Carr01, Mar 18, 2024.

1. Can anyone recommend a touch up paint that’ll match close enough the red paint work on a ‘97 900ss
    The chips are mostly to the bottom of the fairing so not too noticeable.
    Any pointers are appreciated

2. Take a panel to your local paint factors and ask them if they can match it. Ducati haven’t been consistent with the shade of Red across all year models ever so they will differ in my experience.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. I have forgotten, although above is the best route, there were two reds that were very close, will try and find details.

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. Thanks Chris
    Close enough would be fine, as I said the chips are low down. It’s more for a tidy up exercise than a vanity project so to speak.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. For chips someone not that long ago posted a humbrol paint, I saved the code on my pooter... I'll have all look...

There you go:

Humbrol Enamel - 19 Bright Red Gloss

I also saved this video of a guy filling in stone chips...bloody good technique...so you don't have to spray a panel. :upyeah:

#6 The Royal Maharaja, Mar 19, 2024
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2024
    • Useful Useful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. Used HUMBROL paint back when, had pretty good covering ability and flowed out quite well. Quick drying too.

That was for work not for touching up Stone chips by the way.

#7 DucatiScud, Mar 19, 2024
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2024
    • Useful Useful x 1
  7. Confidence and experience are wonderful things. I’d need to practice that for a least a year :joy: Andy

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. I saw the Humbrol one, but never checked it out all those years ago but the person who linked it was pretty adamant that it was okay. It's taken me ages but one was Ford radiant red and the other one was a Nissan red but can't find the full title. i used to touch up with both of these, and was a good match.

9. I have found my wifes red nail varnish a really god match - and durable - when touching in chips. Got to stop with the lipstick though... :p

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. Ford Radiant red

• Thanks Thanks x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information