Touring Plans ‘24

Discussion in 'Touring' started by J biker, Mar 17, 2024.

1. So, what you got planned..where and when?
    I wanted to do another Cannonball but no way of getting to the starting point in time this year due to my sons wedding in the UK. Kids eh?
    Looking like some Spain or Italy incursions for me later in the year. With a few more riding ‘sensible’ days away in France.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Southern Ireland in April
    Scotland in June
    Wales in July
    Scotland again in August
    Northern Ireland in October

Added to which I’ve got WDW in July and me and Doris are hoping for a beach holiday somewhere, sometime too.

That’s it so far :)

• Like Like x 5
  3. Santander to Caen. Andy

• Like Like x 1
  4. Plans for London-Bangkok are on hold because of border issues so I’ve been scrabbling round for alternatives now I’m healed. Got out on one of my big bikes for the first time since the Moose had me off last July and I’m pleased to say it felt great.

IMG_0045.jpeg

I’m have three trips to Spain planned in the next few months (all on four wheels) and then later in the year I’m off to SE Europe on my Africa Twin in Sept and doing Guatemala on a hired Honda 250 in Nov.

• Like Like x 5
  5. MotoGP Catalunya for 24-25 May 2024 - a two week trip, with a week either side of race day.

Not sure of the route yet, see what the weather does, but likely Western France down to Bordeaux then maybe the Somport crossing.

Then the return would be Eastern France, maybe a bit of Alps action on the way back.

• Like Like x 1
  6. TT on the the Pani then Lake Como on the Panzer(GS):upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  7. I’ve told myself I MUST get back out this year and do some proper miles including some euro touring

8. What are you riding this year? I know the GS went and maybe a Monster arrived…

9. Monster at the mo, or panigale if I have been a bad boy and need to pay penance….likely I’ll buy something for touring. K1300s box still needs ticking

• Like Like x 1
  10. Cant beat a ‘bucket list’ of motorcycles :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  11. Would like to do Spain and Portugal this year. Would be nice to do Santander ferry, Picos down through Portugal then around/across Spain, South of France and then back up the Route des grand Alps. That would be a three week trip to do it justice, quite a commitment, will see if this is the year for that one...

• Like Like x 2
  12. I can highly recommend Bragança as an overnight stop, there is an awesome restaurent run by Louis Portugal in the shadow of the old castle. A bit of a trek up hill but well worth it. Andy

• Like Like x 2
  13. Thanks Andy, have been through Bragança before on the way to the Serra da Estrela, wasn't in my schedule to make it an overnight stop that time. Things may well be different this time around so thanks for the recommendation:upyeah:

Looks like there are three restaurants within the outer ramparts of the castle, is it one of these?

Further research on the guy you mentioned, found him on Insta, indicates that it's the Tasca do Zé Tuga, one of the ones within the ramparts from the link above... nothing like an investigative challenge :D

#13 Bumpkin, Mar 18, 2024
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2024
  14. If my memory hasn’t let me down, Tacsa do Zé Tuga. We were there last in 2019 so hope it is still as good. Andy

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  15. Hoping to get to Oban, onto the West highland way upto stornoway back down to Harris and over through sky on the way home, only have a panigale so possibly some pain to go with it lol

16. European Multistrada Meeting in the Maritime Alps.

Just had to cancel a trip to Costa Rica with my wife but hoping to still make it to Utah (not on bikes)

17. Ferry across to St Malo, ride through France to Navarra to watch BSB round 1.
    Then ride down to Jerez to watch the motoGP.
    Then riding back to Ferry at Bilbao.

• Like Like x 1
  18. I'm also off to the TT in June on the sp2....
    And if I can rally the troops,and if the world has not gone mental,im potentially looking at an up and over of Sweden,Finland, Estonia,Latvia Lithuania in September......

And if I can't rally the troops,it's an easy jet vacation with the Mrs lol

• Like Like x 1
  19. Nice. Give me a wave at Navarra, I’ll be marshalling infield at turn 4 :D Sadly I won’t be at Jerez though :( Andy

• Like Like x 1
  20. @BaseJumper why the ‘dislike’? Lake Como isn’t that bado_O

Do Not Sell My Personal Information