959 Track Bike - Whats It Worth

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by Wasey, Jul 4, 2024.

1. Sadly, due to something thats come up think I need to sell the bike

Its a 2016 Ducati 959, got 8.5k miles

Few things done over winter:

Braided HEL lines
    ABS removed - proper ABS removal module installed
    Oberon Clutch cylinder
    Healtech eliminator (exhaust valve locked open)
    Akra cans (Standard of 959 corse) - runs 98-99DB on track days
    Track fairings, with tank cover - wrapped by EvoBoy over winter
    K-Tech DDS Pro rear shock - sorted by colin from 100% at start of year
    PZ Racing lap timer
    Carbon hugger
    CNC racing adjustable rearsets
    Oil changes done every 3 days (Shell premium only) have oil and filter for it ready for buyer

Got all road kit can include with it

The down side of this bike (Wasnt me, it came with it) is the clear clutch cover though Image (43).jpg Image (42).jpg

Looking around think prices of 7k to 8k seem to be the ball park but they seem to be with crappy standard suspension, with the the KTech thinking 8.5k

2. Unfortunately at the minute it’s a little more what a buyer will pay and not what the bike is worth, if that makes sense.
    The market is very slow and people don’t seem to have money spare.
    GSWTS though.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  3. It is very much a buyers market. You would get more putting it back to standard (bar the wrap possibly) and sell the track parts separately.
    If you don’t have time or inclination to do this price it really aggressively and don’t move much (if at all) on price.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Its worth the same as a road bike, the track bits will be a bonus to someone, go back to standard and sell the bits, the various trackday groups are awash with bikes and the UK trackday market is almost on its knees, as an example Brands Hatch on Tuesday had about 35 riders across all three groups.

• Like Like x 1
    • WTF WTF x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Your last bit says it all. Nobody has cash. Sadly, It's all about credit.
    For example, I over-bought with the purchase of two Norse Kayaks which are above our skill sets.
    They touched the water only once where we bought more recreational alternatives as a replacement.
    They're brand new in mint condition kept indoors. We're asking $600 less than "out the door" price for each. No takers, Not even an offer.
    Screenshot from 2023-08-25 19-57-23.png

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Tie a couple of planks across them for better stability…

I’m a wasted talent, I tell thee…

They look nice btw :D:upyeah:

Do Not Sell My Personal Information