V4 Track Essentials

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by carson, Jun 21, 2024.

1. Hi guys,

I'm in the process of buying some parts to put my V4S on track. This will be the first time I've tracked the V4S so I'm looking for some advice on what you would call essential mods for track.

So far I have:

Rearsets
    Clipons
    Engine covers
    Track fairings
    Bonamici dash case
    Front captive wheel spacers
    Fork protectors
    Lever guard
    Tyres

Have I missed anything that you guys would say the V4S really needs? I haven't upgraded the master cylinder.
    Is it worth fitting the carbon covers/sliders to the edges of the fuel tank?

• Like Like x 1
  2. I tracked my 1299, the best mods i made were an RCS m/c and the 1299 needed a slipper clutch, dunno bout v4 but EBC is shite. The slipper sorted it. Use slix, dont fek about with road tyres. Metz TD are good.

3. Fuel tank defenders? Definitely!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. As part of any spares package, make sure you have a side stand switch or eliminator and a gear position sensor, both failed on my V4.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Got one there mate, it actually failed the first time I went out on it lol

• Like Like x 1
  6. You have only really just started……..

7. That’s what I said yeah

8. Here’s my spec:
    *Ohlins FGRT forks with extended travel and C4 shim kit

*Ohlins TTX shock with remote adjuster and lengthened lower eye

*Marchesini forged race wheels

*Brembo T drive discs

*Brembo Z04 pads

*Storm performance titanium exhaust with standard and GP silencers

*Ducati oem racing panels

*CRC race bellypan

*Ducati Performance Rizoma folding rearsets

*HEL thumb brake

*Extreme components clip ons, engine sliders, lever guard and hard dash cover

*Braided race legal hoses

*Sprint race air filter

*Sita rear sprocket

*Ducati racing seat

*CJS custom map 222bhp@R/w

#8 Paul55, Jun 21, 2024
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2024
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Don’t think you quite got the point of the post

10. Big wallet

• Funny Funny x 2
  11. I think it depends how fast you are and how fast you want to go. Using your list I would say:

Rearsets - OEM are really pretty good. I get the odd toe scrape, but they are a decent height compared to any other bike I have ridden.
    Clipons - why?
    Engine covers - absolutely, and I would always go GB Racing
    Track fairings - On the 959/1299, and now the V4S, I have gone DP Track fairings. They are unpainted OEM fairings, making fitment simple with no extra cost and an easy swap back to OEM if you fancy.
    Bonamici dash case - On my list. The one on my BMW saved a scratched dash from the Cartegena gravel.
    Front captive wheel spacers - You can, but not essential.
    Fork protectors - Yes.
    Lever guard - No choice, they are mandatory now.
    Tyres - Yes, ideally on a second set of wheels.

The only four things I would add are:
    Folding levers.
    Change the gearing (it is far too long for track).
    Radiator protectors (eg evotech). Be warned they are a pain to fit.
    Brake pads - I am trying Z10's at the moment and they seem to be doing well.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Should’ve probably said that the list I’ve made is stuff I’ve already got.
    I wanted the clipons for better adjustment.
    I probably won’t bother with spare wheels unless I use it for racing.

what gearing do you recommend?

13. OEM is 16/41, I am currently running 15/41 (however that is because by 42T rear sprocket is still on back order! - partly my fault because I didn't want to go to 520). However I have seen recommendations to go to 15/44 for track work which I am sure a few in here have tried and can confirm.

(Added: without hijacking your thread, if anyone does have a Renthal 462-525-42HA rear sprocket (they were the same on the 1299) let me know, because I have had one on back order around 3 months so far!)

#13 Jolley, Jun 24, 2024
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2024
    • Like Like x 1
  14. The biggest thing I’ve been reading about is disabling the ABS. Some people saying that it’s messes with the TC and others saying it’s just the same as other bikes - add a direct line to the calipers and leave the abs pump in place and plugged.

Just trying to get a price for the Evo 3 software update now

15. im not the heaviest breaker in the world, so for me the abs isn’t a problem in its track setting (cannot remember what number that is!).

I think the Evo2 software was around £500, so 3 should be similar I would have thought.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Hel do a kit fir the v4. h lines for the front , rear mine and plugs fir the abs pump. I found with original set up I could pull the lever back to the bars. And that was with new fluid . Little initial bite as well. Changed to the hel kit, hel master and ebc gpfax pads. Big improvement

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  17. Awesome cheers, that’s the info I was looking for mate.

18. When I changed the master, the switchgear us too wide so had to get jetprime switchgear. Looks better though

• Like Like x 1
  19. Just need to try and figure out some base settings to work with for the suspension to begin with. Can’t find any starting points online

20. How much do you weigh in full kit?
    What springs are on the bike std?
    What sag do you have?
    There’s a starting point!

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information