V2 Track Use. Sump Gauze Filter

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by Expat Jack, May 17, 2023.

1. Ok all. Those who run Pani’s as track bikes. How often are you going to the hassle of removing the sump to check the gauze filter?

2. The interval for a Panigale V4, according to the recently posted track service document, every 1500 miles when you change the engine oil and main oil filter. Andy

3. Thanks Andy. I am aware of the recommended intervals. I’m just curious as to real life owner’s experience

4. Every 2 oil changes

5. On a track bike?

6. Prob more on a track bike mate

7. Every other oil change is generally once every two years on road bike and is what Ducati stipulate.
    A bit of research indicates once a year on track bikes.
    But again, just curious as to people’s actual real life maintenance regimes (for track bikes).

• Like Like x 1
  8. 1199- never had the pump out..

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  9. Yes it's a track bike, but if you still have the lego water pump gears it might give an early warning of impending doom.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  10. I'd do between sessions I think

• Funny Funny x 3
  11. but, if I had a little more time on my hands, I would pull the sump once a year during the winter to check for plastic teeth etc

• Like Like x 1
  12. Ok. My next question then is, for those who have done it.
    What is the best process for doing it, step by step and what sealant do you use - Ducati recommend or another? Any pitfalls or traps - we all know what Ducati’s are like!
    I guess @ducv2 is best placed to answer but others welcome.

• Like Like x 1
  13. I used the ducati recommended sealant but can't remember offhand. Need to take off the silencers and bottom fairings :mad::mad:

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  14. Cheers. Does the sump come off easily enough or do you need a few careful blows with a rubber mallet?

15. It came off easily enough, just the sealant can be a bit tough. Don't forget it is a very thin casting so a good tap should be enough

• Useful Useful x 1
  16. Perfect thank you. Just the kind of real world experience I am looking for.

17. Seems like a faff

I generally do oil and filter every other track day. Depending how many sessions I’d have done.

Or every race weekend.

18. Yes Adam. It’s a right faff. Hence the question. Oil and cartridge filter changed as normal but there is a secondary screen filter inside the sump that also requires attention. It’s part of the Ducati experience (I keep telling myself).

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1

19. I imagine it’s a ‘screen’ in the sump.

Might be worth discussing with moto Rapido. Most dealers techs are fitters so will likely have no idea

Do Not Sell My Personal Information