Traumatised in Geneva...

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by TimsBike, Mar 13, 2012.

1. I was at Geneva airport on Sunday returning from a very nice week of skiing (wish I had allowed time for the Motor Show but you can't have it all), and found myself beside a guy with a small Tumi bag, the type with wheels and extendable handle that you can use as hand luggage on a plane.

The notable point is that it was branded Ducati with a red and black colour scheme. Very striking and as you do, I asked him if he had a Ducati bike, expecting to have a bit of a chat, and of course I never miss a chance to tell people that I have a 1098, yawn, yawn...

However, his reply was "What does Ducati mean? I just liked the bag?"

My wife administered the smelling salts and lead me to a chair, at which point an ambulance was called. You will be glad to know that I seem to have made a full recovery, but you can imagine the shock. Almost as shocking is the price of these branded bags at around £550 according to the Tumi web site.

Is it possible that I found someone who didn't know what a Ducati was? Or maybe he just immediately spotted a Ducati bore and had the perfect line for getting rid of me? Didn't think of that at the time! :D

2. but what does it mean Tim - I thought it was Italian for 'put fuel in here'?

3. He's probably been wondering why so many bikes are sponsored by a luggage manufacturer.

4. according to Jim Carey in "Yes Man" its Italian for "$hit my pants"

Do Not Sell My Personal Information