Tyre Prices In The Last 30days!

Discussion in 'Tyres' started by Phill748, Jun 20, 2022.

1. Has anyone seen the prices in the last month? I know there was some material which was in short supply because of Ukraine/Russia but OMG....

I paid £180 for my Supercorsa SP rear in May, because the Supercorsa SC was £230, but now, they are £230 and £295 respectively, that's a MASSIVE jump.

It's not just pirelli's, it's everything, it's gone crazy.

Does anyone have any insight? do you think they will drop again, or is this just another 'cost of living' type increase that we will just have to live with?

2. No idea why but had my Monster MOT’d couple of weeks ago at the local tyre garage and he said £400 for a pair fitted for Pirelli/Michelin etc… last year I paid £300

3. Rubber has increased in price due to a global shortage..

4. Yep; S22’s I had fitted were over £110 cheaper a few months ago, according to my tyre fitter:(

5. We’ve been seeing around 6% per month since around March. There’s another hike come 1st July…. Getting them is as hard as paying for them to.
    The tyre industry as a whole is struggling. I was told it’s the supply of “carbon black” needed for manufacture that’s in short supply…… 95% of the stuff comes from Russia?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Next generation tyres already on the market :upyeah:

31AF96B0-9EED-4D24-9130-83A83F2D676F.png

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Useful Useful x 1
  7. So is the general consensus that if we need them we should buy them now as they are just going to keep going up?

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. That depends if you have the spare money I guess, for me it would be yes if I needed this year. I may buy a Diablo rear for my KTM but they’re old stock so hopefully not impacted by raw material price rises and general inflation.

Last I looked a Diablo rear of the type and size I need were £78. My last R5’s around this time last year were £275 f&r delivered. They’ve just been fitted after wearing the rear out of the Diablo pair.

9. Bought and fitted a set of Michelin Road 5s for my Multistrada a few weeks ago from Deamon Tweeks, £294.12 inc. VAT with free delivery. They're now £288.00... The Road 6 was something like £340 at the the time. IMHO not worth the extra for a little more theoretical mileage. The Road 5 has been my go-to tyre for a while now and does everything I need. Tempted to buy another pair to stick in the back of the garage for next year.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Need some tyres for the Panzer(GS). Will ring my local tractor dealers and see if they're doing any dealso_O

11. Tyre prices are mental.

they’ve doubled since I was racing in 2019 :joy:

I do think they’ll drop, but not for a while personally. There’s a shortage of most things at the moment so it isn’t a case that suppliers will drop them to move more units.

From what I’ve heard, racing and TD attendance is massively down and increasingly so. Probably 70% of the guys I’m in touch with have sold their bikes. It’s mad.

12. Makes me glad I bought 4 rear and 2 front slicks in December for seemingly a bargain price!

• Like Like x 1
  13. More like profiteering due to the conflicts in the world, I did not know that the Ukraine or Russia-was a major producer of rubber or tyres.
    As for fuel it does not cost any more to get it out of the ground and process it, than it did 6 months ago.
    Someone is making a lot of money on the back of this strife.

• Agree Agree x 8
  14. Seems you are unfamiliar with concepts like supply and demand, let alone the relationships between them.

15. Fuel at a station near me (A2 in Kent) was £2.09.9 yesterday for derv and £1.99.9 for regular unleaded

jokers

16. I’ve noticed a few near me where the differential between petrol and diesel is very narrow close to only a 5p difference.

17. Me, I'm familiar with the big supermarkets making even greater profits during the pandemic; in which case they obviously still are, while, now, significantly increasing prices. It would seem shareholders are the only priority and dividends not even being dented while ever more customers are having to choose between necessities. This is the point when investors become profiteers.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. I just got a pair of Rosso 4s delivered, with a free pressure gauge, phone power bank and neck warmer for 288 quid from Two Tyres.
    Cheap as chips if ye ask me.

19. From what I’ve read Russia is supposedly a major supplier of Carbon Black which is a key material in the manufacture of tyres.

If I recall correctly Russia the third largest producer of crude oil, that’ll be those all along the supply chain including the government and those on the commodities market hedging and speculating on futures.

Unfettered capitalism at work where the market decides as there are no downward pressures or price caps.

20. Forget about tyres my little treat on the rideout down to coast is a nice ice cream or chips etc, guess what two ice creams today were £8.00 :sob:

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information