Tyre Rotation Mark - Confusion

Discussion in 'Tyres' started by RickyX, Jun 9, 2023.

1. Just had a Metzeler wet fitted to my spare wheel.

Looking at the tyre rotation mark however I am slightly confused…

Is it the “stylised “ arrow pointing right or the little arrow pointing left that is showing the direction of rotation?

2E87F201-1EA9-49CB-A337-9AB0BA99745D.jpeg

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. got me going now.. yours is most ambiguous..

[​IMG]

#2 Chris, Jun 9, 2023
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2023
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. That’s a bit daft. I don’t know but my money is on the big arrow on the right.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  4. I see your tyre has subtle change to it, which doesn't help, but from memory, if fitted to the rear and viewed from rear, then (loosely speaking) should look like an inverted "V" and ditto for front tyre (looks like an inverted "V" when viewed from front). It's always the front that looks wrong.

So this would mean that your tyre, for front fitment is the arrow on the right. :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  5. Front tyres designed to deal with braking forces, rear tyres desiged to deal with acceleration forces, hence the direction change for front /rear

6. In that picture you are looking at the right side of the wheel as you sit on the bike

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. The larger stylised pointing shape is the direction you are looking for. Did you fit or a tyre wrangler?

8. The tyre block is slighty curved for throwing water behind.!, so self explanatory.

9. knew this already.. - it was the ambiguous marking on Ricky's tyre that threw me. :kissing_heart:

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. The big stylised arrow is the one :upyeah:

11. person-or-businessman-holding-two-arrows-vector-cartoon-stick-figure-illustration-2HJNX69.jpg

• Funny Funny x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information