1200 Tyres Replacement Quote

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by pawelc, Jun 26, 2014.

1. Hi,
    I just called metropolis vauxhall to give me a quote for pirelli scorpions for my multey and they kindly gave me 550 + 90 £ for fitting. Is is some kind of scam ? I went somewhere else and got fitted PR4 for fraction of this price.
    p

2. Fpmsl had another shit day and thats cheered me up :upyeah:

3. Pirelli Scorpions on a Multi should be free! ;)

• Like Like x 1
  4. What are people fitting

5. Just got pr4 x2 fitted £292

6. Metzler 120/70 and 190/55 M7RRs, £245 the pair fitted to loose wheels. The price quoted by Metropolis is "don't want your business" price. Andy

7. Pr4 ride in/out £280 as it took him nearly an hour to get the rear wheel off! Place in eastleigh mralit put me on to

8. Front tyre 120/70 17 Mich Pilot Power 2ct 97.00 INC VAT

Rear Tyre 190/55 17 Mich Pilot Power 2ct 132.00 INC VAT

PRICES INCLUDE NEW VALVE, FITTING AND BALANCING.

9. PR4's fitted yesterday £288. Ride in ride out.

10. My final price was £282 for standard PR4s ... of course not in metropolis.

11. On Yer Bike in Aylesbury charged me £304 for a pair of Pirelli Angel GT's fitted.

Great tyres btw.

12. Maybe they don't like doing tyres

13. Rip off merchants, go to FWR just round the corner...

• Like Like x 1
  14. Now on my 2nd set of PR4's !!
    The 1st set lasted just short of 5K miles but they had a hard life! almost 4k miles of that was a trip to the Pyrenees and the Ring. Front had a maybe 2K left in it but the rear was just legal. Both front and rear had feathered edges on the sides of the tyres but the profiles were still pretty round on both. Hard braking into hairpins and then using that lovely torque out of the bends is the problem - mind you a nice problem :).

It will be interesting to see what mileage this set do on more "UK" type riding.

15. 280 inc vat PR4s fitted in May Ducati Wolverhampton 2200 miles and still good for another 2 I reckon..... might be on slicks coming back from WDW though.....:Facepalm:

16. I got Pirelli Angel GT's fitted last weekend for £245 @ HMT tyres in Norwich. Highly recommended on price and service. That was ride in, ride out btw.
    Done about 250 miles on them so far, very happy with them.

17. PR4's, 245 fitted to loose wheels. Didn't want to let they tyre monkey at the local fitters anywhere near the wheel nuts ;-)

18. Rear PR4 fitted; ride in/out £150. Got 8500 miles out of my previous MP3 rear.

19. PR4's £255 fitted to loose wheels at tyres r us at Eastleigh, highly recommended.

Also bought a torque wrench in Halfords to do my rear nut £47 with my trade card down from £85.

20. £256 at ride in tyres reading pr4 on loose wheels

Do Not Sell My Personal Information