V2 V2 Bayliss For Sale

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by Valleynutt, Feb 7, 2023.

1. What's peoples thoughts on why there are quite a few 2nd hand V2 Bayliss's coming up for sale.
    Owners have waited an eternity to get their hands on the bike and then they sell it !

2. Speculator’s ? Andy

3. Perhaps the owners mortgages have gone up £500 a month so the PCP is now a burden?

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  4. More ingress from the posh car crowd, reckon they can buy stuff and flip it for overs…

5. Mine is going nowhere without me on it.

• Like Like x 9
  6. Not moving mine on either. It's a keeper AFAIAC

7. Probably all about the chase for some folk like our Wayne Carini on chasing cars, tick the box and move on to the next item....

• Like Like x 1
  8. They realise they should have bought the v4?

• Funny Funny x 6
  9. Realised its cheaper to buy a standard v2 and mod it to suit

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  10. I'm the same, really enjoy building bikes but once there done usually sell um on.

• Like Like x 1
  11. I wonder how many thought they were buying a limited edition so bought as investment only to later find that Ducati are going to keep making them until interest dies out.

12. I’ve got one but knew from the outset it was a numbered edition not a limited edition. Though it does seem as though some people have been fed bullshit or didn’t understand what a numbered edition actually meant.

That said, the highest number I’ve seen is 2754 so I think interest may be waning. Maybe.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Nope. Full Ohlins and fully lacquered bodywork as standard. Be more expensive to take a base and modify it.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  14. When did this even stop being a thing................

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  15. 899/959 time. Bonkers.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. It seems that, from reports in the US and oz at least, that some of the dealers didn't understand that it was numbered rather than limited. I was never under any illusion and bought the bike to use rather than as an investment. Not sure how indicative that serial number is of interest - it seems that these numbers haven't been issued strictly serially by delivery/order but in some sort of batching scheme. Also it's very difficult to gauge interest in the winter months when there are both used and "in-stock" new bikes available at present - it takes the pressure off getting an order in "early".

17. Agree. I can only see two “used” ones available right now.

18. Comes to something when lacquer on body work is considered an upgrade!

#18 bradders, Feb 8, 2023
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 5
  19. To be fair to Ducati they only claim that the ohlins, monoposto config, Bayliss livery including seat and lithium battery are the differentiators. The lacquer is just to make sure the stickers that make up the livery have some chance of staying stuck down!

#19 uktweaker, Feb 8, 2023
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2023
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Plus the carbon end can and different colour wheels. And the lacquer ;)

Do Not Sell My Personal Information