V2 V2 Bayliss Throttle Slop

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by Valleynutt, Apr 10, 2023.

1. I recently purchased a V2 Bayliss and I'm wondering what's people's thoughts on the throttle slop.
    Obviously by adding the spacers will take up the slop, but are there any adverse affects or potential long issues by doing this mod.
    TIA

• Like Like x 1
  2. Had them on a 959. All good.

3. Fitted them on my Bayliss - all good

4. get rid off the slop

5. Thanks all, I'll get them on order

6. They are a worthwhile mod to do but just take it easy for the 1st few miles as you get used to zero free play. The only thing to notice is that it makes the throttle super sensitive over bumpy roads.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Do we have a link for these spacers?

8. You are ‘awesome on a bike’
    Won’t take you long to adjust to zero throttle play.

9. How much !!!!

52F1BB8F-C5FC-4653-87E8-176EA6249BB6.png

10. You knows it !

11. £40 for two bits of plastic! What an absolute piss take!

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. It really is... although I bought some off 'eBay' that were £25 and they didn't fit very well on my bike compared to the originals, ridiculous.

13. Because I’m tighter than a Sharks arse at 50 fathoms, as I’ve mentioned before I just cut up an old store card cut to size superglued into place and filed a little so it didn’t snag.

It’s been modified for 3 years now and no issues.

14. Buy yourself a 3D printer and make them to sell to us for a tenner?

15. I can do kits from a special material for £6.;)

16. If I knew how to Jim I would willingly!, couple of quid tops! I appreciate a buisness has to make a profit of course but that’s just bang off, they try and sweeten it by including a cheap Philips bit ( which most people have anyway) like Ducatiscud I made one with zip tie , no issues ! And I know some people say “ what if it fails and gets stuck”? And I say “ it won’t ! because I did it properly! Not about the money it’s the principle!

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. I agree mate, 100%, it is a bit rich. Would imagine that once you've got the right data in the computer, these can be knocked out pretty quick and with little human intervention.

I can see a few applications for a 3D printer, so may well have a look into it.

A mate and I were also discussing creating bucks for and making some carbon parts, with a trial using fibreglasss first.....watch this space.

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information