V2 V2 Common Issues For Trackdays

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by jamesm1980, Apr 17, 2023.

1. Hi All, i just bought a V2 for trackdays and wanted to know if there are any parts that would be good to carry as spares. Not things like spare wheels, but sensors maybe?

If theres already a list could someone point me in the right direction, thanks!

2. #2 Expat Jack, Apr 17, 2023
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2023
    • Useful Useful x 1
  3. Rear exhaust manifold…. They split open with very regular hard track use, all the trioptions guys carried spares.

4. Thanks guys, now i just need to worry about getting it under 102db! :D

5. You will be fine, the exhaust valve shuts between 4500-5k rpm, so as long as you noise test it there you should be fine. If it's got Akrapovics on it, no chance...

I'm using an 899 with Termi's and a standard 1199 with stock exhausts failed noise testing at 102Db on Tuesday at snett.

6. Its got akra's. i do have the standard exhaust that I could put on.

7. Ah, I see, I'll be honest, I think you will really struggle. I think it's worth looking into some custom baffles for them that restrict the noise a little further.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. I would replace the rear shock front mounting bolt with a high-tensile version as advised by Moto Rapido for my 959.

Also keep on eye on the head gaskets; I've known more than one 959 start to leak through them with hard track use. Just had both mine replaced.

9. Ive some baffles for them, but i dont think they have been modified by JHS.

10. I'll take a look and see if its been done. Its a trioptions bike so might have had it done. Also thanks for the insight on the head gasket. :upyeah:

11. FWIW, I've not had any issues after a season of trackdays on my V2. Great bike.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Yeah I’m on a 959 track bike, and have a v2 road bike so almost the same thing

only specific spares I carry are fairing bolts as lost a couple on track now, and spare pinch bolts as had one come out once but not allot else

• Like Like x 1
  13. Awesome, thanks guys, nice to know theres nothing really major to worry about.
    Where did you get the tail light blank on your V2? ive been looking all day for something like that!

14. Found it at last : PN 97110831A . I think its discontinued. DOH!

• Nuke Post Nuke Post x 1
  15. It’s part of the track fairings kit and is available as an individual part. Phone your dealer.

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  16. Thanks, i think think i saw a picture of your bike in white, it looked like it had the blanking thing fitted. I found the part number after alot of searching and as you say, its part of the track fairings kit.

17. When I checked my iPhones decibel meter app against the noise test at Snetterton a couple of years ago it was pretty well spot on. Tested at 5k revs

• Like Like x 2
  18. true but I think it used to be higher noise limit there. It's a real struggle now at snett, there was only 1 Vtwin ducati out there on Tuesday and it had the long underseat Termi system on it with baffles.

19. Anything you can do to reduce induction noise helps as well

Do Not Sell My Personal Information