V2 V2 Crash/drop Protection Reccos?

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by godzilla, Nov 27, 2023.

1. Hello, still very new to my first Ducati, and figured whilst I add simple bits and bobs over the winter, I should look at some crash or drop protection.

I'm struggling to navigate where I might be duplicating with generator and clutch cover, and then frame sliders too? spindle bobbins? GB Racing, T rex, R & G, Evotech, CNC, Bonamici, theres quite a bit to try to work through for the best combo.

Any advice on what love food has worked for you and which brands much appreciated.

• Like Like x 1
  2. After speaking to someone who was in tri-options in the paddock one day, the GB racing covers are apparently the best ones

My bike came with R+G bobbins and tank sliders - never had to test them yet! The bobbins use mounting brackets on look well set though.

After removing the tank sliders recently not sure how much help they would of been to be honest as didnt feel too solid so not sure I would put them on again

• Like Like x 1
  3. GB racing covers
    GB racing brake lever guard
    R&G front axle protectors
    Spider lock stop protector
    Track fairings (Ducati or generic)

Enjoy.

• Like Like x 1
  4. thanks both - im a street rider, have never done a track day, would you advise the same?

5. In a word. No.
    Nothing required.

• Like Like x 1
  6. ok thanks - was looking to see if there was something to avoid damage to fairings really in the case of a drop.

• Like Like x 1
  7. As above for track use, all of those and some fitted to my 959. But street use, the V2 is as it came out of the shop, wouldnt add anything - Any slide will result in scrapes on panels no matter what so all your doing is adding something else to scrape and fix

For road bikes, only things I consider are tail tidy and possibly replacing the stock mirrors

• Like Like x 1
  8. Your body, fling yourself under it ;)

9. I've crashed 899 and 959s a lot. Both machines had R&G fitted as I was sponsored by them. They had the full suite of engine cases, frame protection, axle protectors and bar ends. They do the job on track most of the time, the only caveat is that they don't do much if the bike picks up and tumbles or hits something. I once fell on the entrance to Becketts, Silverstone at a fair rate and the bike slid a long long way, the only damage was foot peg and rear brake lever. No fairing damage at all which was incredible, I rode the bike back to the paddock.

For the road I think a full package is overkill but the axle sliders would probably save money in terms of fork leg bottoms and swinging arm. I also have GB racing on my KTM and the engine cases are very good. I've crashed that a bit too.

Conversely I don't ride my 749 on track much, two twenty minute sessions in the 11 years I've owned it so I have no crash protection whatsoever on that. I don't see the point. If I crash that on the road I will struggle to repair it any way and would probably just break it and sell it for parts.

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information