V2 V2 Engine Management Light - Check On Dash?

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by Simon19, Apr 19, 2022.

1. Hi all. As above, got the engine management light on the V2. Bike seems to run fine, is there a way of checking gthe fault code on the dash or does it need to be plugged in?

I had a bit of a google but couldnt find any relevant info. Cheers.

2. If it’s like the 959 when the EML is lit there is a menu that appears to allow you to see a very generic code. It’s in the owners handbook. But it might just say “engine” if something equally unhelpful. Best way us to plug it in obvs.

3. Cheers Jack, haven’t seen any additional menu pop up but will take another look.

its a completely different dash abs menu system to the 959 though so could be different

4. I don't believe you can, the V2 uses a Euro 5 ECU programming which works totally differently to the previous stuff because there is a lot of extra telemetry stuff, so for example, the ECU can store 'soft faults' long before they display on the dash, often with a number of soft faults combining into a single major fault etc. Either way, I think unless you invest in a fault diag reader than can work with the V2 it's off to the dealer.

5. Ok thanks for that Phil

Do Not Sell My Personal Information