V2 V2 Parts & Accessories

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by Adam Thompson, Jul 21, 2023.

1. Hi All

I have a v2 which I want to make my own a bit more. Other than the eveotech protection bits it’s pretty standard. Thinking clear clutch, some levers and possibly some mirrors as the large floppy vibey ears that don’t fold are a little annoying.

where would you all recommend? If there is small businesses in the forum I would like to help those rather than the huge companies but if not so be it. I’m in the uk.

• Like Like x 3
  2. Adam. You own a work of art. Please do not ruin it with one of those utterly gash clear clutch covers. As you say, you are in the Uk, not The US of A.
    There is a dedicated thread on just how awful they are.
    Levers. TWM folding. Avoid Rizoma. TWM made the old DP levers.
    Rearsets. Spider or Bonamici.
    Carbon. Full Six or Ducati Performance
    Tail tidy. Evotech. Same for rad guard.
    There’s a starter for 10.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. the fact you used the word gash means i like you already lol

tail is evotech already likewise rad guards so thats done. twm noted on the levers i will go with those. i have twm fuel cap also so the anal side of me doesn't like too many diff brands

4. Thread moved

5. I have cnc (pramac) rear sets on my Bayliss and very happy with them - have the advantage they can easily be change from standard to race pattern by just moving a link. Good luck with the mirrors - there honestly isn't anything out there that actually works as a rear-view mirror and improves things - I've searched for ages. The poem mirrors are a pain because they are very fragile. I did find that tightening up the fitting bolts a little improved the vibe/wobbles a lot. As Jack said please don't fit the awful, pointless, clear clutch cover. Do fit a good front axle slider/protector and clutch and generator crash protectors - DP or full six or spider.

6. Rizoma mirrors are superb. No vibration at all and not too big. Yes they are expensive but you get what you pay for. Clear clutch cover??? Forget it. They look terrible. I have never quite understood why someone came up with the idea - perhaps it was to try and replicate the visual look of a dry clutch? Nonetheless it looks crap. Many decent brands for rearsets including Rizoma, Bon amici, Spider to name but a few. Be mindful that when fitting a rearsets, you will need to play with the length of the gear lever linkage otherwise you could have problems with the quickshifter. Check to see if you get recommended linkage length table within any instructions - Rizoma do via the Ducati fitting instructions - not sure about others though.

7. Dear all, similar questions here - will be looking for crash protection and something to replace stock mirrors because I cant see anything through them. Any tips on what crash protection to use much appreciated - for street not track.

On mirrors am looking to go bar end with either motogadget or CRG, with maybe DB race indicators from front and Ducati performance on rear - but not convinced by any of them -any suggestions/experience would be grateful received!

• Like Like x 1
  8. Aem carbon levers are great and actually feel light under touch on the bike cost loads but it's you pride and joy so get yourselve a early Christmas present.
    Clear clutch cover look crap in winter as fog up but if your a fair weather rider they are not an issue and dont fof up in warm weather.
    The usual carbon fenders etc and you can get the bolt on carbon aero which do look good unless you hate wings .
    I've got the carbon led mirrors which look great as they are not as big but obviously due to this they are not as good with rear visibility but they dont shake.

9. If you want any carbon parts steer clear of Carbonvani. They are quite possibly the worst products that you could spend your money on. If on the other hand you want the very best then I can highly recommend LiebSpeed. They frankly blow FullSix and Ducati Performance out the water, are insanely accurate and exquisitely finished. I know of no rivals (not even Ilmberger) at that level and I have been adorning Ducatis with the black stuff for many years, so I'm well versed in what's good and what is not, having spent probably a small mortgage on various carbon parts. Gilles or Bonamici rear sets are also a safe bet. Some PPF would not go amiss either, to protect your paintwork. I can attest to MotoGadget bar end indicators (MBlaze) which are exceptionally bright and omni directional (not unlike the Oberon ones which are a little bulkier and not as refined, though you will need threaded adaptors to fit them). If you go with MBlaze you can combine them with their "Glassless" bar end mirrors, with a special adaptor you can buy from Chris Schipfer at Desmoworld in Germany. (See here for images of them fitted.... post #197 from my V4 build thread)

https://www.ducatiforum.co.uk/threads/v4s-build-from-start-to-finish.75920/page-10

Not a fan of the tiny Rizoma ones which people often fit with the Stealth mirrors as they look ridiculously proportioned, despite the fact they are quite bright. The rear DP Dynamic indicators are a good choice. Hope this helps.

• Like Like x 1
  10. really useful for me at least!

have been looking at a few things: 1. crash protection, probably evotech 2. front indicators - ive always liked the motogardget bat ends, but I suppose there is the added risk of vulnerability in the case of a drop. was thinking of perhaps the DB Race sequential indicators in the mirror blanks either that or the same motogadgets as you 3. rear indicators, I think I will go with your advice of DP sequential, (although I notice Kellerman do what are probably better looking ones but for almost triple the price) and finally 4. mirrors: either motogadget blade/sport, CRG arrow or rizoma cut edge.

difficult finding enough references to compare..

Do Not Sell My Personal Information