V2 V2 Randomly Cutting Out

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by Veetoo, Jun 30, 2020.

1. Anyone else got a V2 which randomly cuts out?

Every time I ride mine it will cut out - no warning, no particular time it'll just cut-out. It always re-starts and then runs fine again.

Got it booked in to be looked at but just wondered if anyone else has had the same problem.

2. Im pretty sure this happened to me the other day when i was coasting up to traffic lights,I wasn't sure if I had stalled.

3. That's what happended the first time I had mine and rode it home rolled off the throttle and wasn't sure if it was me. But it wasnt. Every time I've been out on it since its cut out. Love the bike apart from that. Just hoping it doesnt decide to do it one day mid corner or somewhere in heavy traffic.

4. Keep me posted.Its only happened once to me so far and im at 550 miles now

• Like Like x 1
  5. So far, so good

6. This isnt my bike but someone on YouTube has the same problem

7. There was a thread really like this on the 1299. Bike cuts out when gliding to a halt or slowing down, maybe when the clutch is pulled in . I know cause it happened quite a lot on my own 1299 for a period - it did get fixed - but it was say 3 years ago and I can't for the life of me remember what it was. it wasn't consistent either just once or twice on a long ride.
    Just a thought though - on the clutch lever underside there is a pin that activates a microswitch. On mine the pin fell out (after market lever). An effect of lack of the pin was that I couldn't start the bike when in gear with the clutch pulled in. This was fixed with a new lever and may have also fixed the stalling when coming to a stop issue.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Thanks.

I think mine is when I'm slowing down with the clutch in. I'm going to really try and watch it over the next few days to hopefully help the dealer sort it.

9. which dealer you using as mine is due its 650mile service soon, so i might mention it

10. Any updates on what this issue is? Had my V2 recently and have managed to squeeze a few dry miles in, luckily... Every single time I roll to a stop with the clutch in the bike cuts out It is also near impossible to find neutral on it, it flashes on the dash momentarily and the jumps to 1st or 2nd before engaging neutral, I've varied the force I use and even had others try it

11. As it’s a V2 I’m assuming it’s still under warranty. Get it back to the dealership to sort any problems out :)

• Like Like x 1
  12. sounds like clutch drag is stalling the motor?

• Like Like x 1
  13. Yeah there have been threads like this for the 1299, and even back as far as 848 Evo's stalling out, and on the Triumph side there was an issue with the Thruxton 1200 doing the same. It's apparently mostly to do with the idle speed control and I think in the past has been related to poor calibration of the throttle bodies. Get it to the dealer

• Like Like x 1
  14. Not very confidence inspiring

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. What happens if you select neutral before come to a stop? Same?

• Like Like x 1
  16. I was unable to select neutral o_O
    Its been dry today so I've given it a run and had no issues, it is literally brand new and had 4 miles on clock so maybe just needed a few runs, put 12 miles on today, no stalls, came home and found neutral first time :upyeah::motorcycleduc:

• Like Like x 1
  17. The 959 had the same issue. Mine did , cutting out when pulling the clutch when going down the gears slowing to come to a halt.
    They reset the throttle position sensor , no change then replaced and never did again in my ownership.
    Seems a common issues across the ranges and years,

• Like Like x 1
  18. My 959 was very hard to find neutral on when it was new. A few hundred miles on it and it was fine.

19. TPS reset.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information