V4 V4 Clutch Master Cylinder Swap

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by Wilko69, Jun 14, 2024.

1. Has anyone changed the stock clutch master cylinder assembly on a V4? I’m wondering whether to swap mine out and have a question for anyone that has done the swap? Did you use an RCS or Corsa Corta assembly and if so, does the assembly still have provision to activate the clutch micro switch?

2. I had a bit of an issue with mine where it appeared to take on air from somewhere? Last year I swapped out the slave to an Oberon one which seemed to make a difference, then when out riding last month I noticed I was losing clutch pressure at the lever so bled the system out yet again. I also had changed the lever out for the matching Brembo MCS brake master cylinder and think the pin that pushes the clutch master cylinder in was too long and possibly allowing air back through the assembly when the lever was pulled in? I hope that makes sense?

3. I had a brembo billet from andy above and fitted it to my 1299. I hot glued the microswitch. Bit heath robinson, but totally invisible, left no marks and worked a treat.

Note: you may need to change your lhs switches for a jetprime or bsd offering.

4. If you do a Google search you’ll find previous discussion on this topic and it looks like the answer is no.

#5 spooky, Jun 16, 2024
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2024
Do Not Sell My Personal Information