1200 DVT Vibrations 6k Rpm Onwards

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by vikram, Jan 1, 2016.

1. Hi,
    I have just completed the first service at 1000 km and opened the bike up beond 6k rpm and am getting major vibrations through the pegs, seat and bars
    This starts at 6k and keeps increasing as the rpm increases
    Anyone else have this is it a known issue?

Thanks
    Vikram

2. Hi,
    I have just completed the first service at 1000 km and opened the bike up beond 6k rpm and am getting major vibrations through the pegs, seat and bars

Thanks
    Vikram

3. Hi,

Thanks
    Vikram

4. ;)

#4 Hyperextended, Jan 1, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 15, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Not got that on mine. The wheels balanced ok?

6. Nor mine, unless ths is your first ducati and its all new it sounds like something couls be amiss

7. Sounds a bit odd. Mine is smooth in a powerful v-twin sort of way.

8. One of the great advantages of the 90 degree vee twin layout is the perfect primary balance and pretty good secondary balance of the engines, so that they run smoothly even without any balancer shafts. There should be virtually no vibration. If yours vibrates seriously @vikram then there must be something wrong. Consult your dealer.

9. Thanks guys
    It is my first Ducati, but the bike buzz dosent seem normal its like you don't want to open the throttle because of it
    I have pit it up to Ducati Mumbai
    Let's see what that say
    I suspect engine mount bolts needing toquring

10. Could be that you are not used to the vides, ther will be some and ime more than from a jap bike

• Like Like x 1
  11. Mlne was also a bit more vibey than I expected -- was bothering my hands some. Added grip puppies, some weights in the bars, and rubber-mounted risers, now all good.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  12. have got up to 1600km and I don't know if its me getting used to it or the engine is settling down cos that last couple of hi way runs things seemed positively less vibey,

absolutely loving the ducati

• Like Like x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information