Wanted 749 Ducati Bike

Discussion in 'Wanted' started by peter walker, Mar 30, 2024.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hello, after a very long time (15yrs) of being with out a bike I have convinced my wife to let me try one again
    So if anyone is thinking of moving a 749 on please get in touch , budget isn’t massive as I have had to filter funds into my bike kitty on the quiet. Don’t mind a bike that needs a little bit of love so long as nothing major
    Cheers peter

2. You'll love it

Might be helpful to know your budget. I would say the one on here you already looked at is as cheap as they get for one that can be ridden out the box and not a money pit

Belts and valve services dont come cheap budget over 700 unless doing it yourself

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Cheers just missed one at 2500

4. I hope so . Missed one on here around 2500
    I don’t mind a bit of detailing on it or tidying
    So long as the engine /chassis side is ok

5. What happens with the valves , is it the clearances?
    Had one say belts done at 22k now 24k but back in 2018 ? I thought it was every 2yrs

6. Tbh for £2500 I wouldn't expect alot

Pay a bit more and get a bike that's been looked after

Ducatis are expensive, buy a gsxr if you can't afford it

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  7. i agree esp when the OP doesnt want to tackle anything major in first post

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Had a R6 years ago and didn’t like it , bought a 748 and loved the whole experience, with my budget I hope I should get something ok . we’ll see I could borrow a bit more if the right bike came alone

• Like Like x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Cheers saw that too , would want it back in solid colour but willl contact them

10. Update , now the owner of a 749 . Fell in love and probably missed loads of issues , but it just spoke to me . Things to do and the clutch seemed loud , well louder than the 848 I looked at the other day . I’ll start a new thread with my stupid 749 beginners questions

• Like Like x 3
  11. [​IMG]
    IMG_5849.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  12. closed this thread :)

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Do Not Sell My Personal Information