Warning about threads that may have a legal repercussions

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by mattmccabebrown, Feb 25, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Well hello everybody, today I received a very unpleasant email from the legal team of a very high profile individual. I cannot name names here, but I have had to completely remove a thread, which as you know isnt something I like to do
    Can I ask everybody to bear this in mind as if there are any threads that may have legal repercussions, I'm going to have to get rid of them sharpish.
    Now we all have opinions, but as the lawyer who emailed me rightly states, everybody is entitled to a fair trail and they fear that any public discussion on this matter within the forum, may adversely effect this.
    So if I can ask for all your help with this, it would be appreciated
    Cheers
    Matt

• Like Like x 2
  2. I 'm guessing which one ####.

Plz delete my daily fail rant too. Dont want to get anyone into trouble.

#2 bootsam, Feb 25, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 25, 2014
  3. Yep, too close

4. I didnt know he rode a Ducati.

5. humble_pie.jpg

humble_pie.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  6. Was it andy at MCN.

I CANT SEE A PROBLEM SAYING MCN IS SHIT

• Like Like x 4
  7. We literally had a thread about the amount of Political cr*p that people are posting on here the other week, people just need to wind there necks in as I am sure the mods don't want to be receiving threatening calls from Lawyers.

I think Dan got that part right with Ducastisti.....

• Like Like x 1
  8. Ahh that's why it has disappeared.

Legal threats? How very sad.

9. Oh I don't know about Dan at Ducatisti , this forum flourishes because of the open topic nature . We just need to pull back from saying how it is . just a little bit.

Anyway what about that actor , you know the one , yeah that paedo , that's him.:biggrin:

10. Posting political opinions is just fine, and posting views about legal matters in general terms is OK too. No need to feel inhibited.

The point is that every defendant is entitled to be presumed innocent unless or until they are found guilty. It is wrong and foolish and perhaps libellous, not to say contemptuous, to post something which presumes someone's guilt in advance of a trial. No-one should be doing that, here or anywhere else.

• Like Like x 4
  11. Can someone give me a hint as to who's been upset..?

I hate missing out:frown:

12. Well, there goes the left testicle............................there will be none left soon.

13. I must have missed something in the thread.

14. Cant be saville who upset ,
    perhaps one of the knob/fanny jockeys......................

15. Sorry Matt, as I said, it won't happen again although I believe the **** I posted was totally above board, maybe it goaded people to post in a libellous manner (I didn't get to read all the responses).

16. Was it the baron von grumble thread..?

I'd say every word again:mad: You'll never take me alive!

• Like Like x 2
  17. baron have a fumble --- didgeridoo it then

• Like Like x 1
  18. I think we are entitled to know who it was.
    There is no legal aegument for not telling us who the complainent was, since it directly concers all contributors to this thread

• Useful Useful x 1
  19. Or perhaps there was no one but your arse has dropped a little matt incase it got too fruity ???

:p

20. Not satisfied with ruining children's lives, alleged child abusers have decided to ruin motorcycle forums as well. Get your finger out of my freedom of speech, you dirty old man!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Do Not Sell My Personal Information