Warning Light Decal

Discussion in 'Supersport (1974-2007)' started by Desmoquattro, Jan 11, 2024.

1. Sorry to start another thread, but I couldn't see the original one, there's a few folk over on the Ducati Rare parts Facebook page looking for the warning light lens for SS and 800 series dashes.

Nasher, are you still able to get them? If not has anyone else got them made? I would be happy to pass details over to that page

2. I've been in touch by PM.

I do have just a small quantity left, but want to know why after about a year of no interest I'm now suddenly being messaged by so many people on Ebay and a few on here.
    One Ebay buyer is now being ignored after becoming a pain with stupid questions and so many massages.

And to my point.
    Having these remanufactured and selling them left a real bitter taste in my mouth with regards to elements of the Ducati community.
    So much so that I stopped three other projects to have Ducati parts remanufactured.
    I believe that there is a Forum somewhere that my Ebay listing was linked on, and they took a dislike for some reason so decided to bombard me with hassle.

I've decided to sell the ones I have left rather than keep for myself as planned, but I will not post them outside the UK because of the grief I got from nearly every person I sent one to outside the UK. Not all I hasten to add, but over 50% of them.
    The expectation to send parts around the world overnight at my expense, and the hassle despite providing tracking detail was ridiculous.

Bearing in mind everybody who commented loved them, and they are relatively inexpensive, you'd think I was selling a £5000 part not a sub £50 part.

Examples
    I received requests to post them to the USA, Australia, Germany, and Indonesia for the buyers to 'inspect' them before deciding if they would pay me for them.
    I was constantly being asked to prove how much they had cost me to have manufactured.
    I was asked if I could deliver them in person to Central London, amongst other places, at my expense because the buyers didn't trust couriers.
    One was expected the same day as the question was asked. I think that was Birmingham.
    I had promises from at least 6 people on here to send me money for them that never arrived. I didn't post them and had a vile phone call from one member.

Then there was, from memory:
    Can you cut 0.31mm of all the edges for me as my Plastic moulding appears to be smaller than standard?
    Can you measure the thickness in 10 different places and plot them on a graph?
    Can you take images of each separate warning light backlit with a 3W, 4W, and 5W bulb so I can see what they look like?
    Can you move the separate warning lights round into a more pleasing pattern?
    Etc

So you'll excuse me for not jumping to attention and dropping everything to move the last ones on.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Hi Nasher
    I assume thats not aimed at me as i could see Desmo hadn't put @ next to your name which then sends you an email, i did this as i thought you might miss this, just being forum friendly,

4. Roadtrip hi.

Nope not at all, grateful you thought to bring it to my attention.
    Apologies if it came over that way.

• Like Like x 1
  5. That’s unbelievable the hassle you’ve had for reproducing the decal. Awesome job you did :upyeah:

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. That’s how lots of people are nowadays, they expect the world for fuck all.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Selling any Ducati related parts is a nightmare, as people want everything for nothing. Facebook ads being the worst for moronic requests or vitriolic feedback. Most want the moon on a stick for a trivial outlay. Fortunately I am never in a rush to sell anything, so if somebody really wants an item, it is under the terms I set out. No compromises.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Not Ducati related but I experienced much the same. Offered to send some of my Sports Nutrition stuff off to a chap who had left some positive comments. I do freebies sometimes, just to raise awareness. CUE hourly messages asking for updates as to when the free stock would arrive. literally on the hour all day... "are we there yet"... Then after delivery and one thanks post. Spelled appallingly, DAILY begging messages asking for more free stock as their life would end if they couldn't get any more sticky bars to chew on... It was so bad I had to block and report in the end as it was getting a little hairy..

People are F**king nuts...

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information