Featured Well I Got One

Discussion in 'Monster' started by iang27, Jun 22, 2024.

1. After a bit bartering I got a Monster SP this week and had my first run out today. Got a few bits already fitted but no doubt I will find more to fit.

IMG_3123.jpeg

• Like Like x 21
  2. Oh I feel the bank balance is going to take a hit :) enjoy the bike :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. Like the colour Scheme. Very nice

• Like Like x 1
  4. I was against the new frame design, but that looks superb.

5. Looks wicked ! Be interested to hear your thoughts after a few miles, I’m tempted as just not using the PP.

6. One big attraction is the weight, the Monster 937 weighs in at 175kg. Yes, that’s a huge 63kg lighter than the Pikes Peak. Andy

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  7. It’s actually 166kg dry and it does feel light. Rides lovely, handles well. Only taking it to 6k but it’s quite quick on the country roads even at that.
    I would like some rearsets to do away with the rear hangers as they are built into the rider footrests but they are silly money. I can only see CNC Racing or Ducabike so not much choice.
    I also have a Mivv decat pipe with silencer to try after the first service.
    The Termis are very quiet and I’m not paying £2300 for the race version. I think the only difference is that the race version is straight through otherwise they look identical.
    IMG_3097.jpeg

8. The Termignoni full race system includes a remap, something I don’t expect MIVV to offer. The sound is very typically Termignoni, deep with a mellow boom, much better than any Akrapovic :joy: Andy

• Like Like x 1
  9. What did you have before and how does it compare?

10. I have had virtually everything but my last bike was a KTM 890R which could very well be the best handling bike I have owned. I just sold it because s lot of the 790/890’s have a major camshaft issue although mine was ok but it’s due to hit the press so I got rid incase prices plummet.
    The Monster rides very similar, light, flickable, comfortable. Ducati gearbox is smoother. I think the Ducati won’t get as big a fuel range as the KTM.
    If the weather and my back improved I might actually get some more miles on it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  11. Given a recent 120 mile ride, I wouldn’t expect more than 150 miles which isn’t bad from a 14 litre tank. Fuel light was pretty accurate. Andy

Addendum : I should have added, that’s with a full Termignoni system, stock system should be marginally better. Andy

#11 Android853sp, Jul 17, 2024
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2024
    • Like Like x 1
  12. And the issue is, please, asks someone who was thinking about one...

13. Please tell us more about the full system. Have you had one? My yellow peril is due her first service soon, and I am contemplating that upgrade route. IMG_7250.jpeg I think she may be worth it, as the SFV4S stablemate.

14. @Skyman, my girlfriend bought her 937 in 2022 and the Termignoni was fitted from new. IMO, the 937 lacks a crispness due to the Euro exhaust regulations. The upmap gives a small but noticeable increase in torque throughout the rev range and the engine is smoother. I know the decision to go Akrapovic on the V4 engine range was a commercial one but nothing compares to the traditional Termignoni sound. It is not offensively loud (baffles in) and she gets admiring looks everywhere we ride and I’m sure they are not just about a bike being ridden by a woman in leather :joy: Andy

• Like Like x 1
  15. Thank you. That is very helpful, as well most likely costly, advice.

16. The race version has a removable baffle. The one fitted to the SP is fixed. I fitted an Arrow Link pipe to my 30th Anniversary and it gave the Termi a bit more of noise especially on the over run but still a bit too quiet for me.
    I’m torn with removing the termi though due to it being part of the limited edition. If only the race version wasn’t so expensive.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information