What a bike !

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by Reviveguy, Jun 4, 2012.

1. I'm new to the forum and MTS ownership (got a sport 3 months ago) and just returned from a 1200 mile weekend blast round western Scotland from Lincs.
    The bike is amazing, fast, comfortable good tank range, and best of all trashed most of the sports bikes on the twisty's (which was most of the Scottish roads).
    I fitted a new pair of Metzeler Roadtec Z8's before the trip and they are very good, hugely better feel and gave me loads more confidence than the scorpions that were on previously.
    Having previously only had sports bikes but wanted something I could ride a bit more, I can't see me going back. This bike really does do it all :)
    just thought I'd share as I can't stop smiling.....

• Like Like x 4
  2. You are not the first person to come away with a great impression!!!
    I was well chuffed too, and still am!!
    My first trip was to Scotland too, back home to see family, Campbeltown, Oban, Bonar Bridge. Was an amazing machine for all the roads I know well, hoping to do it again later this month!!

3. I know exactly how you feel. I like my SSport more every time I ride it.
    I'm interested in your tyre change tho.
    Did you have the Z8s on your previouse bike or where they recommended to you for the Multi?
    I've got on ok with the oem tyres but wondered what the best tyre would be for the Multi, on our UK roads, when it's time to change. I had Pilot 2 on my last bike. They were very good, particularly in the wet.
    Cheers . . Dave

4. I've always preferred Metzeler and when they came top in the MCN wet test I was convinced. I know that most people seem to put the PR3 on but I thought I'd give them ago. I haven't had chance to try them I the wet yet as it was dry all weekend up there, but the dry performance was outstanding.

Russ..

5. A double bonus.
    Good tyres and a dry trip to Scotland.
    Let us know what you think when you've had them on a bit then Russ.
    I'll keep the Z8's in mind.
    . . Dave

6. tx for the comment on the Z8's ... they're coming on this very moment and i m glad they outperfomr the Scorpions.. Of which, i have to say, i have no complaints...
    i put both knees down on my first trackday in 16 years on them ... which also says quit something on the Multi :)

i'm heading for Scotland in september...

the bike truly is bewildering... if it were a woman it would cook like Nigella lawson, take care of you like Doctor Quin, run the house like ms doubtfire, stun you like Claudia Cardinale in the sixties and bl..w like jenna Jameson :)

Do Not Sell My Personal Information