What engine do i have??

Discussion in 'Monster' started by Jesperht, Oct 30, 2013.

1. Hi
    i drive a Cagiva with a newer Ducati engine, bought from the local dealer. It is supposed to be a 800M from 2005, but it was on the Dyno, and showed a max 64 hp and 65 Nm torque. Open airfilter, but the exhaust may not be right.
    the mufflers are 39 in outer diameter, 45 after the connect, just before the exhaust. In the exhaust the is a kind of db killer, with an opening of just 30 mm, i guess this is way to small? So i will fix that, but actually the Dyno was done with a much larger exhaust....

so i wonder, is this really a 800M? How do i see it? Maybe its a 620 or 695?
    I began wondering after the Dyno and a trip on the 1000 DS, the diffetence was huge!

2. What's the engine number, stamped just below the gear shift spline.

3. Have you got a photo?

4. The number is ZDM8?0A2K004034@ i THINK, its really hard to read. So if the ? Is a 0, i guess its the 800, but why does it underperform so much then?

5. 65RWBHP doesn't sound too far off (little low maybe but not miles off)

my 06 monster s2r800 put out 68 RWBHP before tuning
    post fuelling map with PCIII that rose to 73 (open air box and K&N filter, decat mid pipe, OEM/standard 45mm (i.e. baffled) exhausts)
    would have been a couple more ponies i think with open cans

DS1000 has loads more torque

#5 funkatronic, Oct 30, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2013
  6. a lot depends on the dyno. My S2R 800 made 72 rwbhp before mods and 78 after. I can't remember the pre-mod torque but afterwards read 59 I think.

7. ZDM800A2 means it's an 800cc air cooled 2 valve, the following number is the serial no.

8. Thank you! So it is the 800!
    would anyone measure the outer diameter of the exhaust pipes in the front end? Mine are only 39 mm, coming from the 750 Elefant, so maybe this is the reason.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information