1200 Pikes Peak What Is This?

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by yellowtechie, Mar 21, 2021.

1. 98BF3F9C-E2F8-486E-832B-62B63494DFF2.jpeg Hi everyone, has anyone got any idea what the thing in the yellow circle is? Clearly aftermarket but I’ve got no idea. Thanks.

2. I believe it’s linked to your swing arm. Determines ride height settings etc.

I have a similar but smaller arm attached to the front right side of my swing arm on my DVT.

3. Is it not a support strut for an aftermarket exhaust? (Or am I looking at the wrong thing)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. That would be my guess, and wasn’t removed. But it also could be a ring spanner someone forgot...

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. That'll teach me to look at my phone without my specs!

The earlier Mut doesn't have the little arm I referred to earlier. Just went and looked at the parts manual.

Sorry for the duff info.

• Like Like x 1
  6. That looks like the hanger for the Termi full system exhaust. I see you have the standard Multistrada twin pipe end can, didn’t the pikes peak come with the stubby Termi carbon end can as standard?

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. The pikes peak came with 2 exhausts (termi carbon slip on and standard) and 2 screens (carbon and standard). Unfortunately they have been separated from the bike at some point in the past. Just bought it and it doesn’t have them. Does have a boat load of OEM extras (centre stand, fog lights, engine bars, panniers, top box, heated grips.... the list goes on). Such a shame if it had the full termis at some point and they are just hanging around in someone’s garage taking up space.

8. Looks like a weak exhaust hanger to me

9. Pannier bracket?

10. Definitely the hanger for the full Termi end can.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
Do Not Sell My Personal Information