What is your most superfluous bike related purchase?

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by mattmccabebrown, Jul 2, 2012.

1. This is mine. You know you love your bike just a little too much when you drop over £200 on this :eek::eek:. Well I actually only paid £25 for it as my local dealer owed me some money for some parts that I paid for when I ordered the bike, that they weren't able to supply, but still :eek::eek::eek:

[​IMG]

2. Well I have genuine Ducati Performance stretch covers in stock....they might be £200 now but I sell mine for £125....and they are all red and yummy !

3. Tax disc. You buy it for your bike because you love but you get nothing from it. Roads are still congested and full of holes while to add pinch of salt to it some do not need to pay for it and can still go on roads and brake law.

4. Thats just so you dont have to clean it

5. mine would come under increasingly obsessional 'just in case it breaks items'. On a plus side, the option of building a spare bike starts to become a possibility.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Dunno about superfluous, but I popped into Hein Gericke to buy a sunstrip for my lid and came out with a new lid and jacket. How the hell did that happen..?:eek:

7. O.Z. Piega wheels.

8. Daftest thing I got for me bike this year has been insurance,MOT,tax,fuel etc.Anything that I would need to actually go anywhere on it.I aint going anywhere till it stops raining.In fact Im going home now in a strop AND Im taking my ball with me!

• Like Like x 3
  9. Correct...

AL.

10. Not bike related, but.........

A drought busting rainwater collecting water butt! :rolleyes:

Problem is it keeps overflowing on the already flooded lawn and keeps disturbing the ducks that have took up residency there :eek:

11. Knee sliders probably....:tongue:

• Like Like x 1
  12. Diamond encrusted valve caps :)

13. Someone's going to slip up :) their mrs will say " you spent how much on a ??? I thought you said it was ??? Lol!
    I know girls who do that with shoes :)
    They where a bargain in the sale ;)

• Like Like x 1
  14. I'm safe on that front! :upyeah:

15. Hmm. I'd have to admit to owning more than my fair share of Dainese leathers.

But there seemed to be a very good reason at the time for each purchase. Still, I do use them all. Rings the changes.
    Haven't succumbed recently (have run out of excuses).

16. ooh, now that I can use!

17. When I bought my white 848 evo I went and bought a white dainese laguna seca leathers and white gloves oh and white sidi boots. Oh why did I do it!!!!!!!!!! I look a prize dick but at the age of 41 I dont give a shit. Thank god I have a tinted visor so no one knows its me. Im sick of kids asking for my autograph cause they think Im a f**king power ranger

• Like Like x 3
  18. Could be worse, they could think your either Mr Stay Puft or the Michelin Man :eek::eek:

Do Not Sell My Personal Information