What Tyres.? Looking For Advice

Discussion in 'Hypermotard' started by shed71, May 21, 2015.

1. Hi all. My rear tyre is about shot. Looking for some replacements but the pirelli rosso looks a bit ugly..quite like the look of the conti sport and the maxxis supersport. Does anyone run them?.if so how do you rate them? Any advice on any tyre welcome....just to add i dont do much wet riding. Hibernate in winter and i am under no illusion that i am casey stoner.

2. I ran 1000km (urban use) with pirelli Rosso II on my 796 and I have nothing to complain about it, its a good tire both in the dry and in the rain.
    My brother is using the Metzeler M7RR the Hyper 821 and he is really enjoying. It is a tire that passes confidence both in the dry and in the wet, even in aggressive driving.

3. I had pirelli angels on mine and they were great
    Never lost traction and gave good confidence wet or dry.
    I needed new tyres to go to Ireland and gave conti Road attack's a go (one of the boys I rode with who's faster than me had used them for years and swears by them). I had never problems at all in dome truly biblical weather and gripped great in the dry. Seemed to make the bike more stable and reduced the turn in speed very slightly.(a good thing in my opinion). I didn't have chance to put the bike right on its side yet due to the weather, but I have no doubt they'll offer more grip than I'll need.
    They were only £178 for a pair fitted ride in ride out too.

4. Conti Sport Attack are a very good tyre,had a pair on my 900 Hornet.Got about 5k out of the rear. The feedback was very good in the wet,and even better in the dry.I'm not a slow rider,and they gave me a lot of confidence.

5. Angel GT's - mileage is stunning and so is wet grip. Love them, turn in is slightly slower compared with the Rosso 2's but then they last much much longer, worth the compromise IMO.

6. Just put road pilot 4s on mine. Not tested them yet but the reviews were really positive.
    Pretty expensive at just short of 300 fitted

7. Sc's for me....The best tyre I've ever used....got a couple of threads\discussions on the m7rr at the moment and while ok I'm not overly impressed...

Do Not Sell My Personal Information