999 What Tyres?

Discussion in '749 / 999' started by RC1, Mar 26, 2024.

1. Looking for new shoes for an incoming new play thing with standard wheels... 180/55 (i know rear tyre size has been widely discussed here before) rear and 120/70 front?

spirited road use only and very occassional at that

what do i buy folks? dont care about longevity just want them to grip well and look sexy

2. Metzeler race tec.

Pirelli super corsa

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Ones that fit.

4. I’d second the Metzeler Racetec RR K3. Andy

5. Michelin Power on my 999.. very happy for many years :upyeah:

6. cheers all

7. I'd suggest Rosso IV Corsa's over the supercorsas.. they are a little better in the inclement weather we have.. e.g. cold mornings. If you're only taking it out on Hot dry asphalt then the supercorsas will be fine.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. nice - was thinking the same from oponeo for 334 ex fitting. will ask a local garage if they can supply/fit though to keep them ticking over

9. Supercorsa or Racetek scrubs.

10. I asked a friend of mine who rides in a national championship and is an ex national champion in another series about race scrubs. His advice was to stay well clear. He said you’ve got no idea how they’ve been stored and what or how many heat cycles they’ve been through. He knows his stuff, I took his advice.

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  11. Very sage.

12. I've been super happy with the Michelin Power 5 on the track and in the hills.
    I can scrape my knees at the track with 100% confidence.
    The new Power 6 looks like my next set

Do Not Sell My Personal Information