Which Ducati For Around £4000

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by Alan williams, Sep 9, 2015.

1. Out of interest - owners normally know best, so what would people recommend ?

2. sports bike, tourer or hipster?

3. Yeah, what sort of riding do you do or want to do?

4. Like them all.

My riding style (slow) doesn't really flatter a sports bike but I still love them. Had a 916 but stupidly sold it when we moved house.

5. Mainly a 30 mile commute - back roads and dual carriage way mix.
    Not a work horse but fun going to from work

6. not clued up on prices 749-999 maybe. the original multistrada 1100 get a belter for that money, great bikes. four in one as they say v.comfortable.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. As a road bike it's so difficult to argue against the likes of a multi, they're such a good all round package.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Thanks.

Hoping a few will come up for sale soon being near end of season.

Multistrada sounds favourite. Seen some 1000's on eBay not many 1100's though.

From what I've seen monsters and multis people seem to keep for a while.
    I've seen some 749's but it puts me off that the owners have only had them a few months - why sell so quickly ?

9. Sport bikes change hands quickly mate. It's pretty normal.

I can see me keeping my Panigale for some time though, but many owners want to sample the sports market, thus don't keep them long. Some only buy a bike for a season and then off them too.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Yeah am with the others - Multi sounds best for what you're doing with it.

If I were you I'd hold out for an 11S which will be within your budget.

11. That makes sense. ( about sports bikes)

12. Certainly looks like my best bet

Cheers

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Do like the look of them.
    and the multi and the monster and the 749 and.........bugger why do Ducati make so many nice bikes - they should take a leaf out out apples books and just make a big one and a little one - not so hard to choose then !

• Like Like x 2
  14. My 748 had 7 owners befor I bought it, with the last one keeping it a month, then deciding he didn't like the riding position

15. Yes - I think Advikaz is right - was also half looking at SP1's and they had a few owners too.

16. SP1 no match for a Duke imo

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. 749/999 are comfy for sports bike. I tour 2up a lot on mine. Much better riding pos than 916. 999(998) motor is brill and with termi sounds luverly.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  18. ST3/4 not to be overlooked. 4 grand will get you a lowish mileage one with full kit. Very useful all year round.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Any to avoid ?

Do Not Sell My Personal Information