999 Which Dunlop Tyre?

Discussion in '749 / 999' started by RSVRocky, Mar 6, 2015.

1. Hi!
    I want to start the season with a new set of Dunlop tyres.
    Any experiences with Qualifier, Qualifier 2 and SportSmart 2?

2. Love SportSmart 2 for my 999s.

Still, you need to say what you will be doing on the tyres - touring, TDs, puttering, hooning :)

3. Sorry :)
    Road use, shorter tours, maybe 1-2 trackdays.
    There is big difference in the prices between Q1 and SS2, but will I feel the difference on the bike?

4. Perhaps someone who has used both types, Q1 and SS2, will comment.

All I can tell you is that the SS2s work really well for me when doing the kind of riding that you intend to do. Grip and mileage both really good.

• Like Like x 1
  5. I cant go past qualifiers m and p £199 for a front and two backs do me the season just ,I fit my own tires so saves a fortune and they blow Pirellis away transformed my bike

6. d211's for me ..sticky..grippy n last for ages ..the new d212 has knocked them down in price a bit..great for track days

7. Qualifyer 2's are good enough to race on in the wet and cold

8. How long do you get from a set? 1+2 ? As I saw this offer and am interested in your feedback? Cheers

9. I got a set last season for my 1098 done about 4000 miles and theres still a little life left on the second rear
    Im quiet a fast rider no trackdays just rough Scottish roads excellent in the dry and ok in the wet im ordering another set shorty for this season

10. Thanks for the reply, and feedback.. One set ordered :)

• Like Like x 1
  11. Your welcome mate :upyeah:

12. Worse thing about being 'born again' bike after a few years break is that the tires I used to use and know ie metzeler rennsport and Pirelli corse are now out of date..

Do Not Sell My Personal Information