Monster/Monster+ Which One?

Discussion in 'Monster' started by mike willis, Mar 17, 2024.

1. All this talk of Monsters, I yearn for the ease of just jumping on one.
    I have a 1200s DVT for the big stuff, love it.
    I do fancy a Monster again.
    Just popping down the shop or the pub, simple local stuff.
    Which is the one to own?
    I had a M900 dark years ago, what it lacked in power it made up for in character, loved it.
    Which one and why is the question.

• Like Like x 1
  2. I have the 1200s and it's more than good enough to satisfy you urge, fun package all round, never ridden any others monsters so I can't comment on those

• Like Like x 1
  3. There can be only one...

DSC_0198.jpg

In the interest of full disclosure etc etc slight bias etc etc

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 2
  4. A Ducati Scrambler 800 Urban Enduro for nipping down the shops…..

5. Never crossed my mind, it's a thought

6. Monster 1200R all day long, if your budget allows. I sold my Diavel last year and bought the Monster for the same money. I think prices are starting to creep up...but that might just be the 'Spring effect'.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. I rode a monster s4rs donkies years ago, always fancied one when the 998r went. I've ended up with a Monster 1200s. Great fun on the local backroads.

I do like the look of the scramblers but a little to retro looking for my current taste.

A 1200 monster will fire you down to the shops quite smartly:innocent::)

• Like Like x 1
  8. Naah don't do it, too agricultural a bike and engine, traded my Scrambler Desert Sled for a 937 Monster, very content for nipping around on it however near or far.

Monster 937 is approx 165kg, Scrambler is over 200kg. Easier to move around in the garage and feels more agile at slow speed too.

9. Owned an S4, S4rs and 1200s
    My favourite was the senna grey S4 with red wheels.

• Like Like x 1
  10. 1200r or s.
    Great engine. Ohlins.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. S4RS every day of the week, classic styling, beautiful engine and very unlikely to drop significantly in value if you ever decided to move it on (unlikely).

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. ^^^^^^^^ As above, if you want it a little simpler, go the S2R 1000.

13. I’ve got a 1200 DVT and a 1200s Monster. Love them both, they do different things. Personally I like 1200 engines, I find 900cc a bit lacking.

Good combo.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Had my S4RS for a couple of years. Great for short trips but not so much fun at sustained high speed on longer trips. Didn't realise how much I missed fairings. Saying that, the Monster is still the better choice for nipping to the shops or other local establishments. S4RS-18.jpg

S4RS-20.jpg

• Like Like x 6
  15. @mike willis
    I also have both a MTS1260PP and a Monster 1200R. Both fantastic for different reasons.
    Between Monsters:
    1100EVO air cooled for the looks. 1200 liquid cooled for the power and maintenance interval.
    The M1200R is in a league of it's own.

#15 DarR, May 3, 2024
    Last edited: May 3, 2024
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Love my 1200 R. 17500 miles, trips to MotoGP in Aragon and Austria, never let me down. IMG_4199.jpeg

• Like Like x 5
  17. This one's a keeper for me.
    20240502_114408.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  18. I have an 1100s at present, had a s4r and s4rs previously, it's a really good bike that's had no issues and looks a really good IMHO
    20240601_133854.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  19. I really need to ride mine alot more...

Mon.jpg

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. Where did you get that top box! :joy::joy::joy:

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information