Why the **** bother. This country is ****

Discussion in 'Trackdays & Rider Skills' started by Cranker V2, Jun 18, 2013.

1. Once again it happening. Trackday booked and it's going to piss down again. That's 5.5 out of 6 this year. And I haven't even bothered entering a race meet. The only two days of dry weather on a bike have been doing enduro stuff, when a bit or a lot of rain would have been fun and welcome.

So seriously considering packing it in completely. Maybe keep a bike for euro track days or just sell the effing lot. :mad:

2. I'm sat here plotting a track only bike build and have to say I'm kind of wondering why...:frown:

3. It's not just here. France and Germany have been having flooding problems due to high levels of rain.

4. Cadwell looking iffy next 2 days, plus anglesey fri so far dry...but now I've discovered wets I'll still have fun. But its the getting wet thru I object to!

• Like Like x 1
  5. It's cleaning the bike I object to.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Well, I'm thinking of selling a couple of bikes and getting a nice supermoto for my daily road ride and track fun when it's shitty. I couldn't give it up, I genuinly get sad when I don't get time on the bike. Driving is just boring.

• Like Like x 2
  7. I'm getting totally frustrated. I tend to be away or get home late from work during the week, so any sunny evening bike meets are passing me by this year. I can only ride at weekends and half of those are taken-up with family stuff so the odds of me getting a rain-free day are seriously scarce. I'm thinking about getting a bike that will handle crappy roads, crapy weather and crappy care a bit better than a highly tuned v-twin raced rep

:mad:

8. this is why i've bought a new Hyperstrada, wanted the SP but being vertically challenged went for the Strada, this thing does everything. Still got my 996 but the strada will be ridden all weathers.

9. Get some wets and go thrash the nuts off it, wet trackdays can be brilliant fun if you go with the right mindset.

Im really glad I took my wets with me to portimao earlier this year, we had the track to ourselves when it was raining

10. As much as people say get wets, I don't want to get wet... I don't wake up looking at pissing down rain and decide to go for a ride, so when I'm paying to go around a race track it's far from ideal. Euro TD's are the way forward wouldn't mind getting a full list of Euro TD companies outside of the UK also to see what else is available.

• Like Like x 3
  11. Speak French?

12. Set up a distribution list and chuck me on it freak!! Lol

13. Facebook would be a good starting point

14. Well who do we know who does euro days, I'll start..

No limits
    Focused
    Hottrax
    Pace dayz
    Track sense

15. bbs eurotracks eurotrax

16. Any UK trackdays from now on I will be booking a day or so in advance so I can get a good idea on the weather.

17. I'd love to do that, but with work I have to plan it a bit more.

18. Ditto, it's take a punt and do a sun dance

• Like Like x 1

19. On saying that I have just had to unexpectedly replace a fooked boiler, went the whole hog and swapped to a combi so we are now eating out of next doors bin lol

Do Not Sell My Personal Information