Will They Fit??

Discussion in 'Sport Touring' started by Rushjob, Jan 2, 2023.

1. Hi all. I've been offered some rather nice looking carbon timing belt covers off a 1000DS, they look very similar but can anyone confirm that they should fit my ST3?? :thinkingface:
    Can't compare them side by side as they're 1200km awayo_O
    Ta

2. You could try looking up the part for both bikes on
    https://www.stein-dinse.biz/index.php?language=en
    and see if the part number is the same?

3. Thanks but I've already done that and the part numbers do not match, but that doesn't mean that they don't fit, hence the query.

4. The 1000DS is of course Duel Spark, so if nothing else the DS covers will have the short tubes/holes for the spark plug caps on that side.

The ST3 covers have much smaller holes I believe for fixing screws, which could look similar in images, but will be completely different to the DS Plug cap holes.

• Like Like x 2
  5. No they won’t fit - lot’s of the timing belt covers look similar they are after all doing the same job but these bikes don’t share the same platform.

The part number for the 1000DS covers is 96430703B - they fit the Monster, Multistrada and Supersport 1000’s that all share the same engine but not the ST3 - I don’t think any other bike used that Desmo3 engine unless anyone can tell me different??

• Like Like x 1
  6. Ok thanks all, kinda thought it might be the case. Never mind ☹️

Do Not Sell My Personal Information