Wiltshire Riders - advice please

Discussion in 'Rideouts & Events' started by pingping010101, Feb 16, 2014.

1. How are the roads this week? I'm home tomorrow for 6 days and I was hoping to get the R6 out.

Think I'll have much luck?

2. did you just say R6 …again……….:eek:

• Like Like x 1
  3. Is that why it keeps raining all the time? Not because of gay marriage but because people keep threatening to ride R6's! Ha it was actually quite dry where I am yesterday just on the edge of Berks/wilts. Hopefully we can get a couple of dry days as there are more and more flood issues around us

4. R6!!! I bought an R6!!!! Hey everyone!!! ....R6!!

Hopefully on Wednesday I can pick it up and take it home for a couple of days, before dropping it back on Saturday.

Sent using tapatalk on an R6

• Like Like x 1
  5. You'll need to fit some nobbly tyres Tom or attach some oars - roads are shoite round here now - A36 north probably makes the roads around you now look like - well roads

6. The morning its not raining, who knows about tomorrow. Roads are generally in very poor condition. In South Wiltshire the A36/A30/A338 have been closed regally due to flooding and fallen trees or both ! Potholes are being bodged by a couple of lads in a transit pickup with cold cure asphalt and a shovel.

Im not trying to put you off but be very careful.

Of course in North Wiltshire or Swindonshire they have lovely new tarmac and dry roads, but then again they don't have the views :)

7. ….and a dark cloak……. don't want to be recognised on that...:biggrin:

• Like Like x 1
  8. I'm in north wilts, and the views are lovely, but the roads are terrible. There's a lot of standing water, gravel and shit all over the roads, and pot holes galore

9. What's Hampshire looking like? I can as easily go over the border.

10. Today was a good day, didn't have to use my AK...:upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  11. No issues really riding from home to hilltop. Ok need to knock off a couple of notches but still fun. Bramdean still closed as is Faringdon but the roads round are ok

• Like Like x 1
  12. There's a bit of gravel outside Mrs Smiths in Winchester just up from the Spar shop and I did notice a pothole on the A343 but can't remember where it was exactly so be careful.

• Like Like x 3
  13. oh theres loads of gravel around, but nothing good obs shouldn't sort ;) and a great big puddle by the Rack & Manger which would catch you out in the darker parts of the day.

14. we did about 30 miles today, roads ok if your careful...

(slowly)

15. I'll be going very very slowly unless I'm going in a straight line with plenty of visibility. I haven't driven a car or ridden a bike on a real road for 6 months

16. Home :)

...raining :(

• Like Like x 1
  17. I've been out!!!!!!!! [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  18. Wiltshire? Is that Norf? How can you afford a bike on t'mill workers salary?

19. I went Westbury to Amesbury so wherever that may be.

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information