World Ducati Week Trip?

Discussion in 'Rideouts & Events' started by Dave, Nov 8, 2023.

1. Does anyone know of anyone doing a trip to WDW that I might be able to join?

Or alternatively, does anyone fancy going on a trip that we organise ourselves? I have a van that could take two bikes down, or I wouldn’t be too adverse to riding down (though it is a hell of a slog if you don’t allow lots of time) or even just fly-in and use taxis/car/bike/bicycle hire to get around.

2. I’m thinking of flying down with a mate and just hiring a couple of bikes. Tbh, I’m not even that bothered about riding, so may just go down to drool at the totty, eat and drink loads, and take it all in properly. We went last year on the bike, it was unbearably hot.

3. I’ve been a few times - and generally flown in. Riding there is on my bucket list now I’ve retired and have more time to do it over a week or so … but I’d want to do it with others for the banter.

The first time I went it was just me and MrsH, we stayed in Misano Adriatico and hired pushbikes to get around … not a bad option given how busy it is. That was 15 years or more ago … one of the eBikes you can get these days would be even better! We rode up to the circuit for just one day - took about 30 mins but it is very uphill on the way there and yes it is crazy hot isn’t it … particularly at the circuit. I’ve always found a single day there quite enough.

Most of the other times I’ve been I have flown in and some mates bought my bike down in a van. I’ve only done the journey by van myself once and I really enjoyed it … a lot easier than riding there from the UK I reckon. I’ve often seen friends ride down in just a few days only to be totally shattered when they get there, sitting around in the heat at the circuit with no appetite to get back on their bike. That’s a shame as getting on track, doing some of the organised ride outs and mass bike gatherings on your Ducati is the best way to really feel the atmosphere IMHO … that and spending time on the seafront and in the bars of the coastal resorts of course ;-)

#3 Dave, Nov 9, 2023
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2023
  4. Renting push bikes could be an option, but my dealer has mentioned the possibility of maybe taking some customers bikes down in a van. If they do, I’d be up for that, but otherwise we’d fly down and stay in a hotel (with air conditioning!)

Do Not Sell My Personal Information