Wrapping Bikes

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by budha, Mar 31, 2014.

1. Hi, has anyone had their bike wrapped at all to change colour/design etc, or knows anyone that has. Looking to get it done maybe. recommendations would be great.

I am in the south east but anywhere that does a good job would be considered. Anyone that has any views on pros and cons would also be welcomed.

cheers Budha

2. Not many wrapping firms will do them apparently as they are fiddly. I did some track fairings (thread here) and its very possible to do them yourself although its an investment of time more than anything.

3. PM Tobytyke. He's had his done.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. Place in camberley does it, good lob too

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. Its a cheaper and reversible unlike a spray job which is down to personal taste....

6. Try chalkies decal. Did an 848 for the the super bike magazine and also did my R6 in the swan livery shown on his web site. He lives in Leicester but does travel.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. Has anyone tried that plasti dip stuff?

8. Whats
    that

9. Ive seen a couple of vids on youtube,car stuff really.Spray this paint stuff on,any colour you like,body panels,wheels etc then when you get bored with it you just peel it off!From what I can see it dries like a sheet of plastic,almost like a stretched out pair of marigolds.Not seen it in the flesh tho.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  10. I'm in the south east and had bike panels wrapped by Boss Dog in Dorking, they did a good job.

11. Thanks count, I phoned them but the conversation I had didn't fill me with confidence. How did your work come out? Any pics or pros /cons please. What sort of longevity did you get from it.

12. I had fairly complex curved side panels and the sides of panniers lined on a different bike. They used 3M wrap and were able to handle all the shapes and quite intricate raised lettering wasn't a problem. I also had some angst In dealing with them on the phone as they weren't keen, cars are easier I guess and more money. I just found a time they were not that busy, arranged to go in and actually stayed around with the bike. It was better and the results were fine.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information