999 Yellow To Red

Discussion in '749 / 999' started by yellowducmaniac, Nov 14, 2014.

1. Due to a leaking fuel tank I've changed my yellow 999S into a red one,the tank in question was damaged due to a broken subframe last year anyway my indie mechanic had it welded but its been weeping for a while and I took the plunge and bought a cheap red tank ,yellow ones are like Rockin' horse shit and after making enquiries re.getting it mended and resprayed I decided it would cost me quite a lot of money....around the same time I got the opportunity to acquire a unique (I think) red Casoli GRP bodykit, quality surprisingly very good and again very reasonably priced...over the last couple of weekends I've spent a few hours stripping the yellow and fitting the red, and here is the result,although I always fought the yellow corner I do think the red looks cool as f@ck especially with the one-off fairing,the eagle eyed will notice the lack of fairing barge boards.....currently sourcing oe 999S decals,might even change my user name to redducmaniac....;) ebay 005.jpg red 999s 003.jpg

#1 yellowducmaniac, Nov 14, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2014
  2. I still like the yellow one

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  3. Yeah ,so do I...when I can afford to get the yellow tank repaired I can always change it back if the fancy takes me ...nice to have the choice tho.:D

#3 yellowducmaniac, Nov 14, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2014
    • Like Like x 2
  4. +1 for yellow, much more striking I think.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Yellow for me.:upyeah:

6. I have a spare yellow tank

7. don't look the same without the barge boards...

8. I've never seen another fairing like this to fit 749/999 series,i think the loss of the barge boards make it look more streamlined and uncluttered...

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. well,, thanks but no thanks,,, why destroy the only nice looking Ducati ( Pani-g except ) just buy a set of barge boards , cant be that expensive

10. Much nicer in red :)

11. 999 Yellow To Red

Why would you want to make it slower? ;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. Not read my post all the way through from the beginning then...;)

13. There were pictures ... it got confusing ... :Hilarious:

• Funny Funny x 2
  14. Mproved the looks afaics

15. I have,, and still think it looks better w barge boards ;)

16. That is by far the best fairing i've seen on a 749/999 ...:upyeah:...

17. Good move yellowducmanic. That's one more of us and one less of them!

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. Probably your best bet would be to........paint it black;):upyeah:

Do Not Sell My Personal Information