Featured 1260 Multistrada Feedback

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by Philm, May 5, 2024.

1. As written in my previous post requesting info on buying a multi I thought I’d give my feedback on the one I got,
    I’ll start by saying the last thing I was planning was getting another bike but after being offered a multi (which following good advice from you guys I walked away from)I liked the cut of their jib! So fast forward and after realising I had only ever ridden one V twin before which I absolutely hated( mates 749r around snett) and constantly being behind them racing when they’d shit themselves and guys constantly working on them in the paddock I’d rather ride a camel than a Ducati!! So anyway picked up this 1260 multi last Friday, not had a chance to ride it until yesterday, just to say i could have got a V4 multi but for some reason i wanted to give the twin another chance and I’ve already got a v4 so i figured if i hated it i could just chop it in for a V4! Anyway i thought I’d pop over from Hereford to Abergavenny and back just to see what i thought! I ended up doing about 300 miles!!! I absolutely LOVE this bike! What a laugh! So easy to ride! Everything on it works brilliantly,q/shifter is smooth as silk,clutch through traffic is brilliant, I honestly cannot fault this bike,and so comfortable could ride all day long! Who’d have thunk I’d be loving a V twin !! Gonna be a good summer:cool:

• Like Like x 15
    • Love You Love You x 1
  2. Brilliant :D

3. One of us, one of us, one of us! I love my 1260, best bike I've ever owned.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Change the seat and put an Oberon clutch slave cylinder on it. Vast improvements.
    Also, adjust the suspension to your weight on the right fork leg.

5. Thanks Sam, yes I was told to get an Oberon on it, why dyo mention the seat? I thought it was ok?? It’s one of those pikey peakers so fully adjustable suspenders which I will set up, thanks for advice:upyeah:

6. I had Oberon's on my last 2 Ducati's, but haven't felt the need for it on the 1260.
    I suspect its because the quick shifter is doing a lot of the work for me so my wrist isn't getting tired.

• Like Like x 1
  7. A lot of us found the seat tipped you forward into the tank too much. The Touratech one (if you see one secondhand) is more comfortable.

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. The Pikes Peak did have an improved seat IIRC, though that was probably just the Alacantra covering material over the same pad as the std 1260 seat. The Alacantra may help partially as the std seat is more slippery. However, the profile, that makes you slide into the tank is, as I understand it, the same. Reprofiling or using the Ducati Performance seat from Touratech*, made primarily for 1200DVT but fits the 1260 models too. The Touratech seat is firm but supportive with a much better shape.

The std seat is shockingly bad for a premium touring bike, bad after half a day and wince-worthy from the off on day two onwards of a tour. Very happy with my Touratech seats, bought both rider and pillion versions. Happy day after day on multi day trips, no complaint from pillion either.

* Ducati stopped the Touratech seat when the 1260 replaced the 1200DVT and introduced their own comfort seat. This is inferior to the Touratech one. My theory is that Ducati did this as the Touratech one wasn't profitable enough for them.

9. Thanks guys, I’ll keep em peeled for a Touratech :upyeah:

10. I thought the Ducati and Touratech were one and the same thing.

One was branded Ducati.

11. Definately different products. The Touratech one is Ducati Performance branded but also says Touratech on it. Quite flat with sculpted sides. The later Ducati Comfort seat claims to be 20mm taller and has a cover with a lighter stripe down the middle (there maybe more than one colourway).

• Useful Useful x 1
  12. Find a local car upholsterer and get your's redone to a shape that suits you. Several off us have already.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. This, or if you want something a bit more plush, there is the Corbin or Sergent seats from the US.

14. The standard , low and comfort seats are full of crap foam, I am related to the upholstery trade . Best solution is to take your seat to a recommended seat upholsterer who has worked on bike seats. For comfort a part of the standard foam is removed, replaced with much better foam and gel inserts. Made a world of difference and made my multi all day 500mile plus comfy.

#14 michel couque, May 9, 2024
    Last edited: May 9, 2024
    • Like Like x 4
Do Not Sell My Personal Information