Featured Shopping - I Wants It !!

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Mattie821, May 6, 2024.

1. Watches are the only ‘jewellery’ a bloke wears. Plus, for me anyway, a fine watch is a combination of art and engineering. If you get it, you get it. And they tell the time of course without fumbling around for your phone.

There are cheaper and arguably better bikes than Ducati’s. But they don’t look or sound at cool ;)

I’ve always been a petrol head. Since my school days I always had my head buried in an illustrated car/bike book. Watches and petrol headery seem to go hand in hand. Go to a car/bike show and you see tons of nice watches too.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Can’t beat a G-Shock. Mine gets more wrist time than anything else :D:upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Be a dull world if we all liked the same thing. Let’s switch this to utterly shit sports. I’ll start-

1. Fucking basketball.

• Funny Funny x 3
  4. That sounds like an interesting sport. Do you fuck the basketball, or get fucked with one?

5. You can try I suppose. Might brighten it up.

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. Like this one coming up for auction :):upyeah:

https://watchcollecting.com/for-sale/2019-omega-seamaster-planet-ocean-gmt-deep-black

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. I watched a clip of full contact basketball the other day and I must say, the violence vastly improved the viewing experience.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C5wCM2FLNIC/?igsh=d212OWVpcjkyMGVi

• Like Like x 1
  8. If it was bad tempered violence from start to finish it would be worth getting a mug of tea and some sandwiches for a watch. Unfortunately it isn’t. It’s largely rubbish. Imo :D

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. Yep... but not quite wrist time.

PXL_20240507_104414985.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  10. Did you watch the clip? It’s basketball being played like ice hockey

• Like Like x 1
  11. I did! Entertaining indeed… Aussie rules would be crap as well if it wasn’t for the scrapping..

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Strangely enough the last watch I was wearing before I gave up @30yrs ago was a G-Shock, mainly because it would put up with a battering and was cheap enough to replace if I did ruin or lose it.

But to me it was a purely practical thing, I had no interest in it really, the same as I have no interest in phones now, and wouldn't have one if I could get away with it, which I often do at the weekends as it just sits on the kitchen top for a couple of days.
    The only thing I have to admit my phone is useful for is online banking.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Aussie rules is impossible to follow because the pitch is absolutely vast and it’s also oval shaped, so half the time you have no idea which end is which or where the goals are. It kind of reminds me of the free for all we used to have before the PE teacher turned up for the lesson and we’d just all run around like maniacs, lamping each other

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Nuke Post Nuke Post x 1
  14. I’d like a bigger house sans garage in the arse end of nowhere, so i can get more dogs and motorbikes.

My £1750 a month mortgage is shouting at me to stop being such a fucking idiot though.

• Like Like x 2
    • WTF WTF x 1
  15. we’ll all that’s true but I went and watched a match in Sydney last year, just for the craic,not a clue what was going on but honestly it was one of the highlights of my trip! Rugby it ain’t but bloody entertaining, crap on tv though have to agree!

• Like Like x 1
  16. Did you see those blokes in white coats that step forward and point rather vigorously with both forefingers? Two 99’s and a choc ice please… :D

• Funny Funny x 2
  17. I believe the start of a footy game is called, ahem a "Ball-up".

And do the players still wear those homo erotic tight shorts?

18. If I could I would love a garden makeover

• Like Like x 3
  19. Is that a euphemism? :blush::kissing_heart:

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Love You Love You x 1
  20. Yep,still “ball up” and there were what looked like about ten refs!!! As I said not a bloody clue, not sure about the shorts! Wasn’t looking!:joy:

Do Not Sell My Personal Information